Chapter 3: Back to Narnia

"Peter wind up, poised to take yet another wicket!" Peter called out and threw a ball. They were playing cricket. The ball hit Edmund in the leg. I smiled. I still haven't forgiven him for what he did yesterday.

Lucy and I were sitting under a tree, reading a book. Correction, she read, I watched the others play cricket.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked Edmund.

"Are you?"

I looked at Lucy. She was even sadder than me about yesterday. I hugged her. We both turned our heads towards the others when we heard the sound of glass breaking. We all ran inside.

We found a destroyed suit of armour in a room. It was a big hole in the window behind it.

"Well done, Ed," Peter said.

"You bowled it!" he answered. Then we heard a new voice.

"What in earth is going on!?"

"The Macready!" Susan cried out.

"Come on!" Peter said and we ran away from that room. We ran from room to room, but it felt like Mrs Macready was just metres behind us all the time. We ended up in the wardrobe room. Edmund ran to the wardrobe and opened the door.

"Come on!" he said, motioning for us to go into it.

"You've got to be joking," Susan said. But then we heard footsteps outside the door. We ran towards Edmund, who disappeared into the wardrobe. Susan was next, then me, then Lucy and last of all Peter. I felt something, something different. It was cold in the wardrobe.

I was pushed further into the wardrobe, I turned around and fell onto Susan, who was sitting in the snow. I quickly got off her and walked out in the forest.

"Impossible!" I heard Susan say. I stopped beside Lucy.

"Don't worry," she said to Susan and Peter while taking my hand. "I'm sure it's just your imagination." I grinned.

"I don't suppose saying we're sorry would quite cover it," Peter said as we unnoticed bent down and formed snowballs behind our backs.

"No. It wouldn't," Lucy said. Then she threw her snow ball at his face. "But that might!"

I threw my snowball at Susan, and the next moment we had a huge snow ball fight. It didn't stop until Susan threw a snowball that hit Edmund.

"Stop it!" he said. Something was strange about him.

"You little liar!" Peter said.

"You didn't believe them either!" Edmund said.

"Apologise to Lucy and Emily," Peter said. When Edmund didn't do anything, he took a step closer. "Say you're sorry!"

"All right! I'm sorry," Edmund said. We all knew he didn't mean it.

"That's all right," Lucy said. "Some little children just don't know when to stop pretending." I smiled.

"Oh, very funny!" Edmund muttered.

"Maybe we should go back," Susan suddenly said. What? I am not going back so soon.

"Shouldn't we at least take a look around?" Edmund said.

"I think Lucy and Emily should decide," Peter said. I knew that Lucy thought the same as I did.

"We'd like you all to meet Mr Tumnus!" she said.

"Well, then Mr Tumnus it is," Peter said, going back into the wardrobe.

"But we can't go hiking in the snow, dressed like this!" Susan said. I sighed. Is she blind? Doesn't she see what Peter's doing?

"No," Peter said, coming out again. He carried a lot of coats. "But I'm sure the professor wouldn't mind us using these." He handed Lucy a coat and gave me one. They looked the same.