Chapter 10: A very mysterious music box and a very confusing letter

"Edmund?" I said. Someone grabbed my arm (I think it was Edmund) and dragged me up on my feet again.

"Hurry up, humans!" another voice said. I'm not sure, but I think it was Orius, that centaur. I heard that someone was walking away.

"Edmund?" I said, and this time, even I could hear the panic in my voice.

"Emily, are you alright?" he said, and I heard that he was worried about me. I realised I was shaking.

"Edmund?" I asked. "Where are you?" I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Emily, I'm right here," he said. "What's wrong?"

"Edmund, I can't see," I whispered.

"Oh, Em," he said and hugged me. He hugged me? Edmund hugged me? He never hugs anyone! Narnia must have changed him.

Someone lifted me up from the ground and onto a horse, and Edmund climbed up in front of me. I wrapped my arms around him and held on tight when the horse started moving.

"Hold on tight, humans, so you don't fall of," Orius said. Wait, we're riding on him? Wow, this is weird.

It was hard to know how much time the ride to Aslan's camp took, but I discovered that I unintentionally counted up to two hundred, and then I started over again. I counted to two hundred three times before Orius stopped moving. Someone helped me down from him and Edmund took my hand.

"Aslan wants to talk to you," someone said. "Follow me."

Well, that's very easy for a person that can't see for the moment. But Edmund helped me. He has changed. He isn't as mean as he was in England, he's actually nice now. He cares about me. Before, he always used to tease me because I didn't talk. But now, I can feel that he has changed. He's not the same Edmund. I don't think that anyone of us is the same as they were before. We've all changed.

"Son of Adam. Daughter of Eve. You're waited," said a voice that could only be Aslan. "Follow me. Son of Adam, help your sister."

I think we went up a hill, and then Edmund told me to sit down. I sat down on a rock. Aslan begun to talk.

"Edmund, to run away from your sibling was very irresponsible of you. Your sibling was very worried about you," he said and then went on talking to Edmund. I sat there and tried not to fall asleep. I was really tired.

"Emily." I turned towards the voice of Aslan.

"Yes?" I yawned.

"It was very stupid of you to run away from the camp. You were lucky that the Witch wanted you alive, otherwise things would have gotten more dangerous," he said.

"I know, Aslan," I whispered. I felt silly, but I knew I actually did the right thing when I went to the Witch's camp. I wouldn't have known the prophecy about me if I didn't. I wouldn't have found the magic book either.

"You will be able to see again, Emily," Aslan continued. "The liquid in that bottle you have in your bag is an old potion that's used to see which side someone has chosen. If you chose the Witch's side, it wouldn't have hurt you. It's good to see that you chose our side, Emily."

Oh. Now I know why it hurt me.

"When will I be able to see again?" I asked.

I felt something warm on my face, and I realised that Aslan breathed out.

"When you wake up, you will see again," he said. Suddenly, I felt even more tired than before. I wanted to drop down and sleep, but I knew I couldn't do that.

Aslan started talking to Edmund again, but I was too tired to listen.

"EDMUND!" Lucy suddenly screamed. It sounded like she was not far away, but not very close either.