Sneak Peak!

“Be quiet!” I hissed. I looked around and saw Caspian and his group ahead of us, at the edge of the forest. He motioned for me to come forwards and I led my group up to his.

“You take those wagons, I take these,” he whispered and pointed. I nodded and turned to my group.

“Take what’s in them and then back into the forest,” I said only loud enough for them to hear. “And be quiet!”

I followed them out to the wagons where the Telmarine army had all their weapons and armor. I can’t believe that they hadn’t even set out any guards.

I had an arrow ready on my string as I watched my group take everything in the five wagons that was our mission. I was on my guard and looked around every time a sound escaped from the group. But they were more silent than I expected. I was proud of them when we were done. I sent them into the forest and went over to Reepicheep, who was making some sound.

“What are you doing?” I hissed. He was carving something into the door of one of the wagons. I looked at it. He had carved in you were right to fear the woods. I nodded and smiled at the mouse.

“Sign it with an X,” Caspian whispered. He had joined us and smiled when he saw what Reepicheep had done. “I want them to know.”

“I can make it even better,” I whispered. “Reepicheep, step away. Caspian, hold up the door.”

I backed a couple of steps and shot an arrow. I looked around to see if anyone noticed the sound of it hitting the door, but I didn’t see anyone.

“How did that make it better?” Caspian whispered. I looked back and saw where the arrow had hit the door. Right below the X.

“Believe me, it did,” I said. I smiled and then motioned for them to get into the forest. They disappeared into the forest.

I looked towards the camp of the Telmarine soldiers and relaxed. No one had noticed us. I hanged my bow over my shoulder and walked towards the forest. There was no need to hurry.

Suddenly I felt a hand over my mouth and a knife against my throat. The person holding me dragged me backwards, towards the wagons again. I kicked backwards and hit the person’s knee. His grip loosened for a second and I could break free. I spun around, drew my sword and pointed it against the person. It was a Telmarine soldier.

His long hair covered his face as he drew his sword too. He attacked and I blocked. I couldn’t get in any good hits at him during the beginning, and I knew I had to kill him. Otherwise we would get noticed.

He was better than I expected. After much fighting, he managed to push me onto the ground. He pointed his sword at my chest and I felt my heart race. He would kill me now. My sword was on the ground, just out of reach. Both of us breathed heavily, but he didn’t do anything. He stared at my face, just like I stared at his.

“Jake?” I whispered.

“Emily?” he answered. Then he turned to the forest when he heard something. A second later, Caspian stormed out of the forest with a drawn sword.

“Release her,” he said. Jake looked at me and pointed his sword at Caspian.

“Stop!” I said. I stood up and went to stand right between their swords. I didn’t trust them to not start fighting.

“Caspian, I told you that you should leave!” I said to Caspian.

“I was worried about you, Emily!” he said. “And with good reasons!” He gave Jake a dark look.

“Emily, what is going on? Who is he?” Jake asked.

“Do you know him, Emily?” Caspian asked. “Is he on our side? If not, I have to kill him.”

“I don’t know which side he is on, but I am not letting you kill him,” I said, remembering every moment we two had shared in the past.

“I have no idea about what you two are talking about,” Jake said. “But I am not a fan of being killed. I am on Emily’s side.”

“You have no idea of what you just said,” I said to him. “Come. We got to get out of here before anyone else notices us.”

Caspian went into the forest and I followed, picking up my sword on the way.

“Caspian, continue without me. I’ll be back soon,” I said. He disappeared further into the forest.

“Emily,” Jake said and sheeted his sword. I did so too and then hugged him.

“Jake. I’ve missed you so much,” I said. I stepped back. ”How’s Amanda?”

“She’s… still not over it. We live with our aunt now. She and Amanda are working at the castle, as maids. And as you can see, I am a part of Miraz’s army now,” Jake answered.

“Do you like it there? In the army?” I asked.

“Not very much,” he said.

“Good,” I said. I hesitated a little before continuing. I knew that what I said next would change his life.

“Because by saying that you’re on my side, you have joined the Narnians against the Telmarines,” I said. “There are still Narnians alive, and they’re very many. I am on their side, and therefore also on Caspian’s side since he and the Narnians are allies.”

Jake stared at me.

“You mean that Caspian wasn’t kidnapped by the Narnians?” he asked. I shook my head.

“No. Miraz tried to kill him when his son was born,” I said.

Jake looked at me with new respect in his eyes. He came closer, and looked down on me. He was nearly a head taller than me. I looked up. He stroke away some hair that had escaped from my braid. He then bent down and kissed me quickly.

“I would follow you to the end of the world, Kitten,” he said. My heart swelled when he used his old nickname on me.

“You realize you will see a lot of weird things if you come with me,” I said and smiled. He laughed.

“I think I’ll make it,” he said. “You’ll help me.”

I smiled and took his hand.

“Always,” I said and led him through the dark forest, in the direction where Caspian had disappeared. “I’ll always help you.”

***************************************

That was the Sneak Peak on the Sequel to The Fifth Pevensie. The Sequel will be up pretty soon, there's just some editing left.

Yes, some of you guessed it in the comments on the last chapter. There will be a little bit of love in the air in the next book. Not only my best friend's favourite Narnian ship (Caspian and Susan) but also Emily and this mysterious Jake. Tell me what you think of it!

Also, it's my birthday today! I am now 16 years old! I hope everyone will have a wonderful day today, and remember to look for The Return of the Pevensies.