chapter 1

"Don't pretend to be innocent! I saw you with my own eyes, you lying jerk!" The blond woman fiercely shoved the man's shoulder.

"Just shut up already! You think I'm the only one at fault here!? I'm not blind either Layla! I see you, flirting around those men you call friends!"

"Oh, don't tell me you're gonna blame me!? You're never around the damn house! If I took down all your pictures around here, even your kids won't be able to recognize you!"

"I don't see you working your ass off for this family! Do you think I want my kids to grow up not knowing me!?" The man took a vase from a nearby table and threw it onto the floor furiously, shocking the beautiful woman next to him.

"Stop it, Jude! The kids will hear you!"

"You think they wouldn't hear all our screaming...!? Ha!" Jude stomped away.

"And where the hell do you think you're going!?" She rushed after him to stop him, but to no avail.

"Like you'd care. I'm going to work, after all, anything is better than being with you. Shit-! Now my mood's gone sour!" The front door of the large mansion slammed shut leaving behind an echo that shook the empty house.

"Damn it all!" Layla cussed, also slamming the door to the master bedroom.

-xX At the same time Xx-

"Nee-chan..." A young girl quietly said to blond girl, a few years older than her. The blond, Lucy, had her back against her bedroom door, listing to her parent's arguing.

"Shh." She put her index finger on her lips.

"Are you sleepy, Wendy? Let's get you to bed."

"... Okay." She said reluctantly.

After putting Wendy to sleep, Lucy left her little sister's room only to hear the sound of a vase hit the ground, more screaming, and her father leaving. Her parent's fights were violent, but not to the point of hitting one another, which was a relief to her.

Why do they have to fight here? I'd be fine with it if I were the only one home, but Wendy's here too. Lucy thought to herself as she walked down the upstairs hallway into her own room. Her room was large, but nothing unordinary was inside. Her walls were covered with pictures and posters, her bookshelf was full of books, CD's, and games, and her closet was filled to the brim with clothes and shoes.

"Summer ends today, and my new high school life begins tomorrow." Lucy sighed and lied down on her bed. "It'll be alright, Lucy. They must've forgotten about you by now, and even if they didn't, Wendy doesn't come to the same school as you anymore so it's okay."

-xX The next day Xx-

"Nee-chan, are you sure you'll be fine?"

"Why wouldn't I be? Just worry about yourself, after all, it's your last year as a middle schooler! Be more happy~" Lucy teased.

"But those people will-" She stopped talking when she saw her mother come into the kitchen.

"Morning girls. Won't you guys be late if your don't hurry up soon?" Layla asked with a smile.

"No, we'll be on our way now anyways. Bye mom." The siblings took their stuff, kissed their mother goodbye, and left.

"I still find it weird, Nee-chan..."

"What?"

"The fact that both mom and dad act like nothing ever happens when they're around us." Wendy frowned.

"Don't mind them. They just don't want either of us to be affected by their useless fights. Well, anyways, have fun today." Lucy saw her bus come so she hugged her sister and hopped on.

The bus was full of kids but it was unusually quiet. She just ignored that and asked people if she could sit beside them.

"Sorry, seat's taken." The girl trembled for reasons unknown.

"TAKEN." The boy glared.

"Why not sit back there~? There are plenty of empty seats." The person smirked as he pointed to the back where it was weirdly empty. Unfortunately, Lucy knew those people's faces too well.\

Shit!

"Hey~ Hey~ If it isn't little Lucy~" A white haired girl drew closer.

"C'mon Angel. You'll scare her~!" The group of kids laughed.

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Lucy tried to get Angel to let her go gently.

"And where the hell do you think you're going? C'mon, we haven't seen each other for a month. Be more happy~"

Lucy couldn't say anything and just let them do what they wanted.

It's just five minutes Lucy. Five minutes of hell, then, I won't have to see them the rest of the day. She assured herself.