Page 6

Lucy walked sluggishly to the rooftop where Angel and the others awaited.

Why? Why is it always me? Haven't I suffered enough during middle school? Now I have to go through it all again? I... I've had enough. Lucy teared up, but wiped it away when she opened the door.

"Hey little Lucy? Did ya bring us our lunch?" Angel snickered and twirled Lucy's hair around.

"Here." Lucy responded with a tone of defiance.

*Smack* Lucy fell to the floor, holding her cheek.

"You sure you want to talk to me like that? How much confidence have you gained over the summer? Huh, little Lucy? I guess we'll have to break you in again. But don't worry." Angel smiled devilishly. "We have a whole 'nother four years ahead of us. Surely, that's enough time, ne?"

No. Not this time. I- Lucy thought when the doors burst open.

"Who the hell!?" Angel turned, only to be pushed down without warning by a certain scarlet-haired woman.

"Excuse me? You dare to say 'Who the hell' to ME?" Erza looked down on her fiercely. She was the first to enter the rooftop, behind her emerged Gray and then, Natsu who had a smile on his lips, until he saw Lucy on the floor, palms on her swollen cheek.

"Hey, want to tell me what's going on here, Angel?" Natsu asked, smile slowly fading.

"N-Natsu... Dragneel? How'd you know my name?" Angel's lips quivered as she backed away. Her subordinates tried running away, only to face off with Gray who stood by the door.

"Natsu? Erza, Gray? What're you guys doing here?" Lucy tried standing, faltered, and was picked up by Natsu. "Thanks."

"You know them little Lucy? Hey, tell them we were just playing, like good old times." Angel laughed and approached Lucy.

"Stay away from her." Natsu glared. "If you know what's good for you that is."

Angel glanced at Lucy with fury, but left the roof with her companions without another word.

"Thank you everyone..." Lucy smiled shyly. "I'm ashamed that I even troubled you three, even though we've just met."

"You know Lucy, the first time I saw you, I knew." Natsu smiled, caressing her red cheek.

"Knew what?" She blushed.

"That we'd become good friends. When you meet isn't what's important, its how you spend the time you're together. Sure, we've just met, but you've treated us better than people who have known us for years." The three gathered around her and hugged her.

"I wonder why that would be the case, considering how kind you three are." Lucy giggled, hugging them in return.

"Well, they're afraid of us. After all-" Gray said, looking at Natsu's approval to continue.

"We're infamous around here for being trouble." Erza finished off.

"No way." Lucy laughed.

"We're kinda like a gang around here. A good one i guess?" Natsu wondered himself.

"Y-you aren't kidding?"

"Why would we kid about that? Why else do you think those guys high-tailed it out of here when they saw us? Haha." Gray chuckled.

"That's why, thanks Luce for being our friend for a while. I understand if you don't want to be around us anymore." Natsu looked down into her eyes and sighed.

"Why would I stop? You three aren't trouble to me whatsoever! Rather, I should be the thankful one. So... Thank you so much. For all of this." Erza looked at her with bright eyes and squeezed her tight.

"You're so cute! You should do some modeling with me! Oh gosh you'd be such a hit!" Erza continued squeezing the life out of her.

Natsu grabbed Lucy's arm gently from Erza's grasp and hugged her himself. "No way! We'd have to share her then!"

"Why do I suddenly feel so left out." Gray looked over at Lucy, took her away from Natsu and hugged her as well laughing in victory.