Part 4

**Molly's POV**

I had never been so mad that I let frustration get the best of me. I had screamed at Jonathan in a very public place. I was probably lucky that most of the guests on the floor were members of the Chicago Blackhawks organization. They all knew the relationship I had with Jonathan. It wasn't as volatile as the relationship I had with Patrick Kane, but we had had a few heated discussions throughout the years.

The short walk into the room helped calm the rage...slightly. I watched as Jonathan sat down on the edge of the bed and rubbed his temples. That was a dead giveaway that he really didn't want to argue, but he will if it gets to the point. Me, I was still ready and willing to throw some words in his face, but I tried to keep myself calm.

"I'm sorry Moll." I knew that he meant it, but it still didn't explain what was happening and why I was in Minnesota. I had a million questions still rolling around in my head.

"Will you please just tell me what the hell is going on? Why am I here? Why did you do this?" He sighed and patted a spot on the bed next to him. I sat down and rubbed my hands on my knees. I realized that the reason I was here was probably connected to the conversation we had earlier.

"Look, I know you are upset, but I needed you out of Chicago. You are not a klutz and I know that you didn't run into a door. What happened to your eye? And I need...deserve, the truth." I felt a lump in my throat growing with each word that passed through his lips. He was right about deserving the truth. He had always been there for me through whatever was happening and not once did he ever back away or tell me my problems were dumb. He was my rock and now I couldn't even look him in the eye. I felt the tears brimming, but I wouldn't let Jonathan see them. I took a deep breath to will the tears away.

"I can't..." the tears started falling before I could push them away again.

"Why? Why can't you tell me?" He grabbed on to my shoulders, but let go the second he felt me jump. I couldn't help the reflex. There was something inside me that just panicked. I felt the bed move and before I could look up Jonathan was kneeling at my feet. He picked my face up slightly and I knew that the suspicions he had were now more of a reality. "Please Molly, I promise I can help you if you just tell me the truth." He paused for a second to collect his thoughts. "Did Caleb hit you? Did he give you that bruise?"

The second he said the words I knew I needed to figure out a way to get out of the conversation. My head was spinning and I really couldn't tell him.

"NO!" I yelled a little louder than I meant to. "You can't help me Jonathan!"

"Why not? Please just let me try!" I could hear the concern in his voice.

"I can't let you help me."

"I don't understand Molly! Please just tell me something! Did he hit you?"

"Yes! He fucking hit me! Are you happy now?" I screamed as the tears started flowing freely from my eyes. I could tell that Jonathan wasn't sure what to say now that I had actually said the words. He wrapped his arms around me and held on as the tears kept pouring from my eyes. I wished they would stop, but I couldn't control them any longer. We sat quietly for a minute as I felt the tension slowly melting from my body.

"Of course I'm not happy that he hit you." As soon as he said the last words I could tell he was starting to get angry. I could feel his heart rate picking up and an undertone in his voice that bordered on murder. "No man should ever hit a woman!"

"You can't tell anyone!" I said the tears starting to form again. This time I was able to push them away with a deep breath.

"What? Why not?" I knew he wouldn't understand, but it was so important that he didn't say anything. "I'm not just going to sit back and have this happen to you again!"