Part 7

**Jonathan's POV**

We spent the rest of the day hanging out and playing MarioKart with the team. I wanted...no needed as much time as possible with Molly before she left. We had just gone our separate ways to get ready for supper when I remembered I forgot to tell her an important detail of our date. Yes, I was calling it a date...I didn't care if we weren't to that point yet. I picked up the phone and typed in her room number.

"Hello," the voice that came from the other end gave me chills. I wanted her so bad.

"Hey Moll, I forgot to tell you to wear something nice. Our reservation is at 7:00 pm."

"How nice is nice? I was just going to throw on my sweats and a long-sleeve t-shirt." I could hear the playfulness of the comment and part of me wanted to tell her that would be perfect and it wouldn't matter what she wore, but I knew the restaurant we were going to had a slight dress code.

"There is something a little nicer than your sweatpants and t-shirt in your bag. Your sister helped me get some of your stuff together."

"Okay, but if you decide you just want to skip the fancy, Chipotle is just as good." I laughed.

"I'll be to your room to get you at 6."

"Well then I guess I can go play a few more games of MarioKart before I have to be ready." I glanced at my watch to see it was already 5:00. I chuckled. Molly was so laid back when it came to getting ready. She was already so beautiful. It took her less time to get ready than some of the guys on the team. "Jonathan?"

"Yea," I said finally shaken from my thoughts.

"I'm really excited for dinner. I'll see you at 6." I smiled at the sweetness behind her comments. She was just an amazing girl and if I had to describe her in one word...perfect. I know she has her flaws as everyone does, but to me there was no one better that Molly Wirtz. I went into the closet and found my black dress pants, a light purple button up shirt, and a dark grey button up vest. I quickly changed and went downstairs to play a few more rounds of MarioKart. I knew Molly was joking about going down to play, but I needed to practice a little more. She had literally crushed me each time we played against each other and I knew the guys would give me more grief than ever.

After a few rounds of practice, which I won pretty handily, I went upstairs to go see if Molly was ready. I knocked on her partially open door and waited with baited breath for her to come and let me in.

"Come on in Jon." I heard her yell over the TV. I walked in and couldn't believe my eyes. She was more beautiful than I had ever seen. She looked amazing in the light charcoal pants, off-white shirt, and turquoise wrap cardigan. She was just finishing the look with a printed floral scarf that brought out her eyes so well.

"You look amazing Molly." I couldn't take my eyes off her. She blushed a little as she pushed a stray hair out of her eyes.

"Thank you Jonathan. You look pretty amazing yourself." She smiled and the rosy color came back to her cheeks. "Where are we going?" She asked as she slipped on her heels. I smiled at her, but ignored the question.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked holding out my hand. She took it, but the look on her face was amused annoyance. I started to walk, but she stood firm.

"Where are we going Jonathan?"

"It's a surprise." This time she rolled her eyes.

"Haven't there been enough surprises around here this weekend to last a lifetime?" I shook my head. There weren't enough surprises in the world to make me stop. I loved that I could make her feel as special as I knew she was with just one little surprise.

"We are going to be late." This time she let me lead her out into the hallway. We were halfway down to the elevator when I heard her phone buzz, but she never even reached for it.

"Tonight we won't worry about phones or social media..." she paused before stopping me before I hit the elevator button. "...except for a quick picture to remember the night." She took out her phone and brought up the camera. I pulled her in close and she snapped a picture. She quickly sent the picture to my phone, muted hers, and put it back in her purse. I smiled as she quickly hit the elevator button before I could even get my hand out of my pocket to save the picture on my phone.

"I think you'll enjoy supper." I said as I opened the back passenger side door.

"Where are..." I wasn't going to let her finish her sentence as I shut the door smiling. I walked around and slid in next to her, the smirky grin still written on her face. We enjoyed the short car ride to downtown Minneapolis before getting out.

"You don't mind walking do you Molly?" She shook her head as she pulled her coat a little tighter. I took her hand and led her to one of my favorite restaurants. Everything felt so right...so perfect.

**Molly's POV**

I couldn't help but smile as we rode back to the hotel. The night was wonderful. We walked to a quaint little authentic French Bistro. When we first sat down and started looking through the menu (which was mainly in French), I felt a little out of place. But as soon as Jonathan began ordering in French for both of us, I began to push away any negative thoughts. He was showing off, which I have seen him do on numerous accounts, but this time it was more special...more romantic.

The company was wonderful and the food to die for. The evening didn't end with supper either. On our walk back to the car we stopped by a local dive bar for an after dinner drink and some karaoke entertainment, and then ordered some frozen yogurt from a small ice cream shoppe. It was a night I will never forget, which was good because in the back of my mind I knew I was leaving for Wisconsin in 24 hours and I wasn't sure how long I was staying.

"Thanks for an amazing night Jonathan." I said as we walked into my room. "I can't remember the last time I enjoyed an evening out in a long time."

"You're welcome Moll. You deserve it all." As I sat down, my phone fell off the bed and lit up as it hit the floor. I picked it up and noticed I had 5 text messages and 2 voicemails. I looked up at Jonathan and saw a hint of fear mirrored in his eyes. "Do you want me to stay as you look at those?" I nodded and opened the first message.

"Answer the damn phone!"   I took a deep breath as I looked at the next 4 messages, each one angrier than the first. I couldn't breathe. I could feel my heart in my throat and everything was starting to collapse around me. Before I knew it, Jonathan was sitting next to me gently rubbing my back.