Part 9

**Jonathan's POV**

Rocky had gotten his private jet ready to go in record time and Molly was gone before 11:30. I knew I needed to get some sleep, but it wouldn't come easily. Molly texted me around 1:30 to tell me they had made it to the station and she was getting a new phone when she landed in Wisconsin. The sleep that came was restless and I knew the game was going to be a tough one. Every spare moment I had before morning practice and other team happenings, I was texting and calling people from different teams around the league. It was hard to explain without going into too much detail, but still trying to get the most out of the story. I also wanted the guys on the team to know a little about what was going on, so I made sure to have a team meeting to get everything out. By the time my pre-game nap came I was so exhausted I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

The game didn't go very well and I blamed myself for most of it. I was so distracted with everything that had transpired over the last few days that I just had a hard time concentrating on something that now felt so trivial. I got on the bus and turned my phone back on. Within a minute it dinged showing I had a new text message.

"I watched the game and if this is how you are going to play from now until I'm back then we are going to have an issue. Keep your head up and play hard...for me. Call me when you get a chance...you have my new number."

I felt the smile creep onto my face for the first time since the drive home from the ice cream place. I hit the call button and listened as the phone began to ring. I was a little nervous and excited all at the same time and she hadn't even been gone for 24 hours.

**Molly's POV**

I knew Jonathan had been distracted during the game. It was evident...probably to everyone. I still was mad that they had forced me to leave before the game, but I also knew they were right. I had to get going with the reports and hopefully it would be done sooner than I expected. The phone on the couch next to me rang and I knew instantly it was Jonathan.

"Excuse me," I said to my 2nd cousin and her husband as I stood up and walked to what was going to be my room for the foreseeable future. "Hello," I said as I shut the door to the room.

"Hey Moll..." his voice almost made me crack. There was so much feeling in just that one little phrase.

"You on the bus for the airport?"

"Yea, we haven't left the stadium yet though. Ya know, we gotta wait for Kaner." He said the last part a little louder and I knew Kaner had just gotten on the bus.

"Shut up Toews!" I could hear in the background.

"Put Kaner on please."

"Kaner, take this...I think you're gonna be in trouble." I chuckled as I heard a muffled argument between the two. What were they going to do without me around to be their buffer?

"Hello?"

"Kaner...I need you to listen."

"Molly?!?" I shook my head and then remembered we were on the phone. I rolled my eyes at myself and continued.

"Yea, it's me. Please just listen for a minute. I need you to keep an eye on Jonathan. I watched him during the game and I don't want his game to suffer on my account. I don't care if you need to take him to a strip club, just get his mind right. Oh, and ask him for this number so you can text or call me when you are missing me too much."

"Can I talk now?" I laughed and he continued. "You are right about the game tonight, but his game won't suffer because of you. If anything he will continue to fight his way to the top to not disappoint you. I will not be taking him to a strip club until his bachelor party...but we are getting ahead of ourselves on that one. His mind will be in a much better place because now he can get a hold of you again. All he needs is to be able to talk to you. Now, I'm getting a death stare so I'm giving him the phone back. Love ya Molly. Take care of yourself."

"Love ya back Kaner...keep your head up." I wiped away a tear as I heard Jonathan get back on the phone.

"So how's Wisconsin?"

"It's not too bad actually. I'm staying in a small town in the middle of the state...I can't remember the name, but it's a cute little town. I'm living with my Mom's cousin's oldest daughter and her husband. They're around our age and both really cool people. She works at an early childhood center and he's a chef. Let me put it this way...dinner was amazing!"

"Well, I'm glad that things are going so well there for you." He paused and I knew that had been hard for him to say. "I miss you already Molly. I haven't been able to think of anything but you. I just want you to be safe, but I'm really regretting letting you leave."

"Don't regret anything Jonathan. The Chicago PD is doing everything in their power to find Caleb and..."

"What the hell do you mean find Caleb?" I couldn't believe I had let that slip. He wasn't supposed to know that. "Molly, what the hell is going on?"

"Well, I guess they went to his apartment and my place early this morning and he wasn't anywhere to be found. They finally located his car about an hour ago, but it was at O'Hare and there is no paper trail of him purchasing a ticket at all."

"So, he probably used a fake ID to get on a plane?"

"Yea, I guess that is the consensus with everyone."

"This is not good Molly. You still might not be safe." I could hear the fear and frustration in his voice. He was doing his best to control his emotions while on the bus.

"I don't want you to worry about me Jonathan. Kelly, my cousin, and Pat, her husband, are apparently both pretty good hunters. They've said that they protect their house and anyone in it by any means possible. She even went as far as telling me that she would aim right for his dick if he busted in here." I got a chuckle out of Jonathan and that was the end of that conversation. I knew he wanted to talk about it more, but I didn't want to dwell on it any longer. I just wanted to have a normal conversation with the man I loved.