Part 6

**Jonathan's POV**

I knew that I should have been more focused, but I was having a hard time during the warm-up for practice. I kept looking around the stadium for Molly. I kept second guessing my choice of leaving her in the hallway. I should have waited with her until she told her dad, but she was so convincing.

I finally spotted her 20 minutes into practice as she headed towards the bench with her dad. I caught his eye and noticed a sad smile playing on his lips. She had actually told him. I was so proud of her. As I skated by the bench I heard my name. I turned around and skated back to where Mr. Wirtz and Molly were sitting and quietly talking.

"I don't want to keep you too long, but I need to talk to you and Patrick after practice." I was shocked and by the look on Molly's face she was just as taken back by the statement. I nodded and skated off to tell Kaner.

"Rocky wants to talk to us after practice." I said skating by during one of the drills.

"What?" He asked, coming over to me when his turn was over.

"Rocky said he needed to talk us after practice. I don't know what this is about." The look on his face was just as confused as mine had been. I could tell he was a little worried, but so was I. It wasn't every day the owner came and wanted to talk to you.

Once practice was over we changed and went to the sky box they were sitting in. Mr. Wirtz must have already talked to Q, because he told us that he'd see us back at the hotel. Kaner knocked on the door as I typed a quick question mark to Molly. Before I could get a response from her, the door opened.

He wasn't a tall man, but Rocky Wirtz had an aura about him that demanded attention. I gave him a smile as he gestured us in. I noticed Molly sitting near the window staring out towards the rink. She turned and smiled at us, but there was still something weird in the air.

"Jonathan, Patrick...please sit." He said motioning us to the couch that Molly was occupying. We sat down on either side of her. She gave both our knees a reassuring squeeze as her dad took the chair across from us. "So, Molly and I had a very disturbing conversation this morning and I felt it was necessary to thank you both."

"What?!?" Did I hear him right? "Thank us for what?" I looked from Molly to Kaner and back to Mr. Wirtz.

"You and Patrick have always been there for Molly. When she needs you, there is nothing that you won't do. When we had our conversation about her..." he paused trying to find how to say the words that were clearly hard for him. "...about her boyfriend hitting her." I looked quickly over at Molly and could see the pain in her eyes. I knew that she was mad at herself for letting this go as far as it had. I came back to reality by Mr. Wirtz slamming his fist on the arm chair. "I was furious! How could I have been so blind during this? Then she told me that you two brought her here to try and reason with her...obviously it helped."

"Well, sir, I wish I could take credit for this, but it was mainly Tazer's idea and plan to get her here." Kaner said lightly squeezing Molly's hand.

"It doesn't matter Patrick, I just needed to thank you both. I'm also quite concerned about the threat made on both of you. I have made a few phone call and there will be security for you both until this matter is cleared up."

"Mr. Wirtz..." I began to protest, but he held his hand up.

"Until I find out what this man has in mind to follow through on these threats, then this will be what is going to happen. The city of Chicago would be devastated not to mention outraged..."

"Sir, with no disrespect towards you, I cannot take any security around me 24/7." I said feeling more bold than I should have felt talking back to the owner of the Blackhawks.