Part 8

**Jonathan's POV**

I could see her beginning to panic as she read the text messages from her ex-boyfriend. It hurt to see her so afraid and not knowing what to do. I got out my phone and sent a quick text to Patrick and Rocky. She needed everyone she could to help her through this.

"Your dad and Kaner are on their way in. You won't be alone through any of this Molly. I promise we won't let anything happen to you." I said sitting down next to her and gently rubbing her back. "You gotta take a deep breath Molly. Try and relax." I felt her inhale deeply and knew the muscles in her back were slightly more relaxed.

"I need to listen to the voicemails." I took her phone and set it down next to me on the bed.

"I promise we will listen to the messages, but I want your dad in here. He's the one that is going to be with you at the station." She nodded slowly as she put her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Can I stay with you tonight Jonny?"

"Of course you can Molly. I won't leave you alone tonight." I wasn't worried about getting any sleep for the game. I would feel better and probably actually sleep if she was next to me.

"Where is she?" Rocky walked in and took the spot next to Molly on the bed. She turned away from me and threw her arms around his neck. Every girl needed her daddy and even at 28 years old, Molly was no exception. "What did the voicemails say?" I looked over and saw Patrick slip into the room quietly.

"We haven't listened to them yet, sir." I said very impressed at how calm he sounded. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to remain calm when your baby daughter was being threatened. The bond between father and daughter was strong and I knew that I would be banging down the guy's door if it was my daughter.

"Good...I don't think you need to listen to them Molly." She looked up from his shoulder.

"I need to Daddy. I need this to end and I want to be strong about this."

"We will listen to them tomor..."

"No! I cannot wait that long to hear them Dad. I need to get this done and over with. I'm not going into the police station without knowing exactly what he says." There was a look of defeat on Rocky that I had only seen Molly or her sisters put there. His soft spot for his girls was bigger than the Pacific Ocean. I heard the sigh escape his lips as he motioned for the phone. I handed it to Molly and stood up next to Patrick. I couldn't sit still anymore. I needed to be moving.

I watched quietly as Molly punched in the password for her voicemail and set the phone down on the bed. She looked over at me and I felt my throat drop to my stomach. I was so nervous I could barely stand the 30 second wait before the eeriest voice I had ever heard came from the phone.

**Molly's POV**

The voice on the phone sent a chill straight down my spine. I had never in my wildest dreams ever imagined that Caleb could have been scarier than the times he was hitting me, but this was far worse.

'Do you really think that this is the end for us? Do you really think that I will take that fucking text message and be done? You are seriously mistaken Molly. You think that you deserve to be treated better. Give me a break. You are a selfish bitch that deserves nothing in this life. You might not want to see my face, but trust me you will. And when you do, you'll be begging me to forgive you!'

The phone went dead. The first message wasn't long, but it did what it was supposed to do. I was scared. Jonathan had gotten off the bed before the message started, but by the end he was right next to me. The tears were rolling down my face.

"Don't believe a word he said Moll." He whispered into my ear before hitting the number to save the message. "You don't have to listen to the last one." I shook my head. I wanted to hear it. I wanted to remember again why I had to see all of this through.

'I think I forgot to mention something Molly. I know that you have been talking to Jonathan and Patrick about everything that has gone down between us. I just want you to know that I will keep my promise. I will end their hockey careers...and soon."

There was a pause.

'Jonathan...Patrick, I know that you are both listening so hear this. Be on your toes boys. You never know who's coming at you. Keep your heads up.'

The click of the phone brought me to my knees. He knew...he always knew and now 2 of the most important men in my life were being threatened. Jonathan was right there. He never wavered.

"Molly, we aren't afraid of him. We have an entire team that will be there watching out for us."

"What if it's not enough Jonathan?" He pulled me in and rubbed his hand up and down my back.

"We both know people on each team. Everyone in the National Hockey League will know about this threat and whether they like us or not they will not stand by and let anything happen." Kaner had been sitting quietly through the entire situation and I could tell he couldn't do it any longer.

"Jonathan's right Molly. The NHL is a brotherhood, whether we like everyone or not. We will start getting the word out tonight to the captains and/or our friends on each team. But sir," he said turning to Dad. "I don't think that you should wait to go to the police now. There is a very big threat hanging over our heads and Molly's and it is best if it's taken care of as soon as possible." I could feel my mouth drop open as the words spilled from Kaner's mouth.

"What the hell are you saying Kaner?" I already knew, but I needed to hear it myself.

"You need to go back to Chicago tonight. You need to report this now and get your ass to Wisconsin...for your protection."

"THE HELL WITH MY PROTECTION!" I screamed. "I'M NOT GOING!" I tried to duck into the bathroom to lock myself away from them, but I wasn't fast enough. Jonathan caught me by the wrist and pulled me into him. I knew he would stand by my side and fight for me to stay. I leaned into him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Molly, look at me." He whispered into my ear. I looked up, but it wasn't into the face I was looking for. "Kaner's right. You need to leave." My head started spinning. I couldn't believe that even he wanted me to go. We had just talked about spending the rest of the night and the morning hours together to get in as much time as possible. And now he was trying to get rid of me.

"What? You want me to leave?" He grabbed my shoulders and sat me down on the bed.

"That is the last thing I want. I want you to stay with me here. I want you to stay with me in Chicago. But that is the most selfish thing that I can do right now. I need you to be safe...I need you to be okay. So I need you to go back to Chicago and then to Wisconsin before the game." The tears began to fall and I wasn't sure what kind of tears they were. Part of them were angry tears at the 3 men pushing me to leave for only God-knows-how-long, part of them were sad tears that I had to leave them, and another part were scared tears. I was afraid, not just Caleb, but the fact that I was leaving everyone that I trusted to stay with people I didn't even know.

"I hate you all." I said the anger taking over and leaving me feel numb. "I'd like you to all leave."

"Moll..."

"I asked you to leave. I have some packing to do." I walked into the bathroom and started collecting all my products. I heard the door open and muffled voices leaving the room, but I could feel a pair of eyes on me as I dried off my shampoo bottle. "You really need to go Jonathan." I said without turning around.

"Please don't leave angry...don't leave without saying good-bye." He turned me around and I saw the tears rolling down his cheeks. It wasn't every day that Jonathan Toews cried and I could feel the anger subside. "This is killing me not knowing when I'm going to see you again Molly, but I also can't sit by in Chicago and worry about Caleb getting to you. I promise we will talk every day...if not more than once a day." I threw my arms around his neck and held on tight.

"I'm so scared Jonathan." I said through the sobs. "What if..."

"No, what ifs. Everything will work itself out in the end and you will be stronger for it. We will all be stronger for it."