Part 10

**Jonathan's POV**

"Hey Tazer, you ready?" Kaner yelled through the hallway. I had been spending more time at his apartment than I cared to admit, but it was a nice change of pace for me. Being around Kaner and his girlfriend just helped me deal with missing Molly. It had been nearly a month since I had last seen her in Minnesota. I mean, we talked every day, sometimes more than once a day, but it still wasn't the same. I missed seeing her face. I missed seeing her laugh when Kaner and I fought, or when someone said something funny. I missed everything about her.

"Yea, I'm ready."

"Why are you so grumpy?" He asked as we walked down to his car.

"I haven't been able to talk to Molly at all the last 2 days. She normally texts me in the morning and then I call her, but I never got the text and her phone just rings."

"Maybe she's working. Hasn't she been helping out a lot at Kelly's husband's diner?"

"Yea, but it's still weird. Something doesn't seem right."

"Has there been any new information floating around?" I shook my head as I tried to stretch the kink out of my neck. I made a mental note to get a massage before morning skate.

"No news...but I don't think that's good news at all. The longer it takes for them to find that prick, the longer we all have to keep our lives on hold." I could feel my blood starting to boil, like it did every time I thought of that scumbag of an ex-boyfriend of Molly's. "He's just messing with her now, and when they decide to stop looking for him and she comes home, that's when he'll just show up. He's a coward and I wish I could get my hands on him."

"You definitely are not alone in this whole matter Tazer. Every guy in that locker room wants a piece of him. Molly is a big part of this organization and loved by everyone in it. Maybe we should talk to Rocky and have him bring her back here and she can just stay at people's houses. We can all protect her." I chuckled as Kaner finished talking. The funniest part wasn't how serious he was, but the truth was I had thought the same exact thing more than once. I had even mentioned it to Molly, but she was definitely against bringing any of us into that amount of danger.

"Maybe we just need to stop talking about Molly for a little bit. I have to start concentrating on tonight's game, because you and I both know that I will hear it from Molly if I don't keep my head up."

"That is true, but I know you and I know that while you concentrate on the game she will still be in the back of your mind. She hasn't left the back of your mind for years. And when this is all said and done and everything is behind us, you better ask that girl to marry you." I laughed knowing how much truth was behind every word he said.

**Molly's POV**

I took a breath as I opened the door for the first time in what felt like forever. I hadn't been home in almost a month and I missed everything, even the smell of the locker room that I had just walked into. I didn't normally go down to the locker room right after a game, but I wanted to surprise Jonathan. I had wanted to do it before the game against the Flyers, but we had too much to talk about so I decided to wait until after when his thoughts were all mine.

I felt bad about not talking to him the entire day, but the situation was kind out of control. I saw Coach Q as I pushed open the door and the sad smile played on his lips. My dad must have talked to him already. I could see it in his eyes and I looked away as he turned the corner into the locker room.

"Jonny, I need to see you in my office...now." I could hear Q say as he walked back out and motioned for me to go in. I sat down on his chair and turned it so the back was facing the door. I heard a few "oohs" from the boys as Jonathan stood up to make his way in.

"What's up Q?" He asked rounding the corner into the office.

"Well Tazer," I said turning the chair slowly and dramatically...for no particular reason other than I had always wanted to do it after seeing it happen in dozens of movies and TV shows. "How's the head?" I could now see his face (jaw down to the floor) and I couldn't take it anymore. I got up and ran over to him, throwing my arms around his neck.

"Molly..." he whispered as he held on a little tighter. "You're back? What are you doing back?" He pulled away enough to really see me and I knew the talk we needed to have was just about to happen. "What the fuck happened to your face? Who did this?" I knew he was starting to get mad. I took his hand and walked to the couch by the wall. We sat down and I took a deep breath.

"I needed to talk to you, but I couldn't possibly do it over the phone. I want to explain why we haven't talked the last 2 days." I paused as his hand brushed gently over my cheek and down my arm. I loved the feel of his skin on mine and I wanted it now more than anything. "Caleb...he...um...he found me. I guess he knew where I was the entire time. He had followed me to Minnesota. He heard our conversations about Wisconsin and apparently went there right away. I don't know how he knew about my cousin's before I did, but he did. He sat and watched me for the last few weeks, just planning everything."

 I felt Jonathan tense up, but I couldn't stop now. I needed to tell him. I needed him to know before I couldn't get the words out. "Yesterday morning I decided to go for a walk to try and clear my head. While Wisconsin is nice, it just isn't Chicago and you aren't there. I was trying to figure out how I could come back and see you and not have my dad send me away again. Anyway, he followed me and abducted me." I couldn't believe I had just said the word out loud. The tears were starting to form in my eyes, but I knew I needed to get this out. "He took me to this abandoned cabin..."