Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (7)

Hai lovers! My birthday is on Sunday (mark that in your calendars and bake me a cake!) and I'm leaving for the weekend. I wanted to upload this chapter today as a treat for you all :-) Love you lots! Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Skys are crying.

I am watching.

Catching tear drops in my ha--" Alli rudely interrupted me.

"Cara, stop being dramatic. You're not Demi Lovato." Alli reminded me, grabbing my arm and leading me toward the beach.

My boots were being replaced with cold and silky sand instead of rocks on the pavement.

"You would bring me here in Autumn." I muttered, pulling my arm away from her. I rubbed my arms together, trying to create body heat.

Alli grinned. "Not just me." She said, gesturing for me to look over her shoulder. "Them too."

I turned around to find Christian and Cody carrying beach chairs. I rolled my eyes and turned around, walking farther from Alli and into the center of the beach.

I pulled out my iPhone and checked the time. It was 5:29 P.M. and the sun would be setting soon. Sighing, I sat down criss cross apple sauce into the sand.

I was wearing black leggings, a white long sleeved knit shirt, a dream catcher necklace and black knee high boots.

I rubbed my hands together, replaying the last few days sadly in my mind.

I haven't spoken to Cody since I overheard his conversation with Hailey. Hearing those words broke my heart and I haven't told Alli. When she asked me what they were whispering, I simply shrugged and told her it was nothing important. I saved myself from crying that night or having my face flush from embarrassment.

Even when Cody and I weren't speaking to each other, I knew how I felt about him and still feel about him. I didn't know how he felt about me until that night.

I stood up and took a deep breath. Christian was right -- If Hailey makes Cody happy, then I want him to be happy. I have to get something out of my chest and then we'll be clear.

Then I can move on, like someone else, love again and have my heart be broken -- like any other teenager.

Except, with Cody and I, we were unlike any other.

I don't care if you think that sounds cheesy. It's my thoughts, okay?

Alright, back to taking a big step and being sad.

When I turned around, I bumped into a hard chest. I stumbled back and Cody put one arm around my back, pushing me forward. I straightened myself and took a step back.

"Cara." He whispered.

I smiled softly. "Cody, I have to talk to you."

Cody nodded, taking my hand in his and leading me toward the ocean.

We walked side by side, my boots getting stuck on the wet sand every here and there.

"Cody, there's something I've been meaning to say for awhile now." I said nervously.

"What is it, Angel?" Cody asked innocently.

Why was he making this harder than it needed to be?

I stopped walking and turned away from him.

"Do you remember that day that everything changed between us?" I asked him, not meeting his eyes.

I heard him taking steps toward me. "Yes." He answered quietly.

"I wanted to apologize for that day. I should have stayed out of your business. I understand why you were upset and you had a reason to be."

I didn't want to go into detail so Cody wouldn't be reminded of his parents' divorce.

"You were right. I was wrong." I mumbled.

I felt a warm hand cup my chin and spin me around so I was facing him. As soon as our eyes locked, he pressed his lips gently against mine. I didn't know how to respond, so instead I wrapped my hands around his neck while he snaked his arms around my waist.

He pushed me closer toward him and we stayed like that for awhile. Our makeout session got rougher and we fell onto the sand, him on top of me. I wanted to stay in this position forever, but I pulled away, gasping for air.

"Stop doing that." I finally said.

Cody furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Stop doing what?"

"Stop.." I mumbled. "Stop making me fall in love with you."

Cody didn't say anything. Instead, he touched my hand and brought me closer to his face.

"I don't want to make you stop." He said, smiling softly.

I pushed him away and stood up. "Why are you leading me on like this? I thought you respected me more than that."

"I respect you Cara. You're more valuable to me than anything else." He said.

I scoffed in frustration. "You make me sound like I'm a toy."

Cody didn't understand why I was acting like this. I decided to freshen up his memory.

"I'm just a friend to you, that's all." I said, blinking away tears.

"Hey, baby, hey." He cooed softly. "We both know that isn't true."

"That's not what you told Hailey two nights ago." I mumbled.

He raised his eyebrows, surprised. "You heard that?" He finally asked.

I rolled my eyes. "I heard all of it."

Cody shook his head. "Cara, please listen to me."

I wasn't going to be those stubborn girls in movies you see on T.V. who just walk away without hearing the other side of the story. Instead, I crossed my arms.

"Cara, I've never stopped having feelings for you." Cody admitted.

Alli popped up behind me. "Please listen to him, Car. He never stopped."

"I promised you. Always and forever." Cody said genuinely, stepping toward me.

"You've found a loop hole around one of my favorite quotes." I said, turning my back toward him and walking away.

It took everything in me not to turn around and jump into his arms.

Cody followed closely behind me in silence.

I turned around. "What?!" I yelled threw gritted teeth.

"My mom always told me to follow my dreams." He said, smiling cheekily.

I rolled my eyes, walking toward the parking lot.

Now I can't say he didn't go after me when I left, because he did.

*~*~*~*~*~*

YA I am fully aware that this chapter was short. I'm sorry, but I have an awesome idea for this story and had to get this chapter out of the way! I dislike drama and sad stories, but I had to get this chapter over with.

I know, it's probably your least favorite chapter. Don't worry, it's mine too. I tried to make it as witty as a sad chapter could be! :-(

Thank you for reading. Please comment, vote and add this story to your Library. I love y'all! xoxo