Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (12)

"Mom's coming in five, four--" Naomi warned.

I pushed all of my tiredness aside and pushed Cody off the bed. His eyes opened instantly as he rubbed his head.

I placed my pointer finger on my lips signaling for him to stay quiet. He stuck out his tongue and rolled under the bed.

"You're up nice and early." My mom greeted, standing inside my doorway.

I stood up on my bed and began jumping up and down. "Never better!" I responded.

I heard Cody groan from under the matress.

"Are you sure you're okay, dear?" My mom asked.

I cupped my stomach quickly and fell to my knees with a loud thud. I heard another groan escape Cody's lips.

"Ooh, ow." I made awkward noises. "I'm having cramps."

My mom gave me an understanding look. "I'll walk to the bodega around the corner and get you some Tylenol."

I smiled. "Thanks, mom."

She nodded and closed the door behind her.

I felt a pair of hands wrap around my ankles and bring me under the bed with them.

I landed on top of Cody and he moved my loose piece of hair behind my ears.

"Did I scare you?" He asked.

I grinned. "I've watched My Little Pony episodes more scarier than you."

Cody frowned and pretended to be offended. "Horror movies aren't really my thing, anyway. I'm more into Romance."

I gave him a sarcastic smile. "These Romance movies must be rated PG 13 and up."

Cody nodded and played with my hands. "You know me too well."

He flipped us around so he was lying on top of me. "You also know that I like to get into character." He added with a wink.

I pretended to groan. "I'm on my period, remember?" I said sarcastically, rolling out from under the bed.

"What were you doing under there?" Naomi asked.

I stood up and shrugged my shoulders. "Getting rid of the monsters under the bed. They're all gone now, so you can jump on the bed." I suggested, grinning evily.

Naomi smiled happily and began jumping up and down on the bed.

"Uh, Cara. I don't think you checked them out real good. They're still making noises!" Naomi informed me.

"Don't panick. Show them that you're not scared and throw any sharp object you can find under there!" I said quickly.

Naomi smiled brightly and began shoving her shoes under my bed.

Cody rolled out from under the bed and began tickling Naomi.

"You're not a very scary monster." Naomi giggled, flailing her arms around on the bed.

"He's more of a sexy monster." I said, popping up behind them and winking.

Cody smirked. "So you wonder why I hide under teenage girls beds most of the times, huh?"

"Is that why you always come out in the night time?" Naomi asked.

Cody nodded. "Uh, sure."

"Why don't you want people to see you?" Naomi asked curiously.

"Because I do things that would make me end up on Santa's naughty list." Cody grinned.

- - -

After eating breakfast and taking a shower, I changed into an American Eagle floral mixed tee, white shorts, white knitted Toms and an anklet.