Pinky Promise

Weeks had passed and I was adjusted into my new home in the mountain. It didn't take long for I had friends to spend my time with. I had started school by this time. Those were the most dismal hours of the day. I hated being cooped up in a room for hours. I thought I would die in that room. One day we were dismissed and as I was leaving the room Thorin hid behind a stone column and as I walked by, he jumped out and grabbed me, tossing me in the air. I squealed and then burst with laughter. I was still much too small to fight him off.

"Put me down!" I ordered him.

"You? Order me? HA!"

"Thorin! You put me down right this instant or I'll..."

"Or. You'll. What.?" And at that, I leaned down and bit the top of his shoulder. He let me go.

"OWWWWWWW! Are you insane?!" He shouted while holding his shoulder. I giggled because it was the first time I had felt even a little stronger than him. Though I knew I wasn't. I sniggered some more.  He finally began to laugh. He began chasing me. We ran out into the courtyard then to a patch of trees and flowers. There was a boulder beneath the tree. I hopped on top of it and flung myself onto the tree branch above it. Thorin laid on the boulder beneath me. He laid on his stomach, looking at the ground. I had hardly notice that he was picking some wildflowers next to the boulder. I reached down and tugged on a locked of his hair. He looked up at me with a grin and held out the bouquet of purple and yellow wildflowers to me. I smiled and took them.

"Look! The handsome prince picked flowers for the beautiful princess!" I grinned.

"Haha! Who says you're a princess?" He replied.

"I do!" still grinning.

"You can only be a princess if you marry me!" He smiled up at me.

"Maybe I will!" I giggled uncontrollably.

"Pinky promise?" he said still smiling.

"Pinky promise!" and we locked pinkies while laughing together.