Whispers in the Wind

I am so sorry this took so long! I've been super busy lately. But I'm so happy to finally be able to update this story again! So here it is! Mind you, I only skimmed it for errors; I haven't fully proof read it yet.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

We glided amongst the clouds, over the snow covered mountaintops. The eagles took us over rolling hills and lush green ranges. But I had never felt colder than I did then. I looked on as Thorin's body was placed upon a giant rock formation that resembled a bear. This must be the Carrock. We were placed one at a time onto the rock.

"Take me down!" I urged impatiently. The eagle placed me on the rock, and the others followed. As soon as my feet touched the ground, I rushed over to his side. "No, no, no, no, no." I leaned over him. "Thorin, wake up!" I demanded as I shook him by his collar. "WAKE UP!" The tears burned as they fell down my face.

"Thorin!" Gandalf called as he rushed to my side. "Thorin."

"Gandalf, you have to do something. You have to help him." I pleaded.

"I will try. I'll need you to hold him down in case he starts jerking about. I'll use the same spell that I used to heal you. Though I fear his wounds are far more severe." He explained. I nodded in response. Gandalf placed a hand over Thorin's head and began to mutter the spell. He was barely audible. As I held Thorin's hand, I was praying silently for a miracle. I waited for Thorin to begin jerking but he didn't. This worried me.

"Gandalf, he isn't moving..." I said desperately. "Why isn't he moving?" But Gandalf didn't not respond. He did not even open his eyes. I knew that Thorin was gone. A grim feeling begin closing in around me and it made me angry. At that moment, I only felt anger toward everyone. I was angry at Thorin for being so careless. I was angry at Azog for defeating him. I was angry at Gandalf for bringing me on this foolish quest. Worst of all, I was angry at Smaug for ruining my life. If not for him, none of this would have happened. I stood and walked away from the company.

"Roslina?" Dwalin called. But I didn't hesitate. I made way down the Carrock and into wood. I began to run. And it was only a few minutes later before I realized someone was running after me. "Roslina!" Dwalin was chasing me. I did not stop but he was closing in on me. He grabbed my arm and pinned me against a tree, his arm at my throat. "Roslina stop! You can't run away again!"

"Why not?" I shouted at his face. "What reason have I to stay now?"

"We still have the quest. He would not want us to give up now. We've come too far. We can still take back the mountain."

"To hell with that bloody mountain!" I screamed. "That mountain is cursed!"

"Roslina, that is your home!"

"That mountain is NOT my home! It will never be my home! My home is lying at the top of that rock, dead!"

"You still have others who care about you."

"I don't care. Just let me go! I've business to take care of."

"What business?" He asked. I only looked at him. Hate poured from my eyes. "Roslina...you cannot be serious. You're too angry at this moment. Don't make the same mistake he did. You can never attack out of anger."

"What then?" I spat. "I come back with you and we all take back the mountain and everything is fine and dandy? I waste my life away in the halls of Erebor. There's no reason for me to live anymore, Dwalin. It's gone."

"Do you think that he'd want you to throw your life away because he's gone? No! He'd want you to live and be happy."

"There is no happiness, Dwalin. Not in this world." He let me go and placed me right in front of him.