A Duel to the Death

Maul and Jango were once again inside the cockpit of Slave 1. Maul had interrogated the boy about everything he knew about the mysterious Rahziid, but so far he hadn't learnt much. His master, Darth Sidious, had just contacted him via a hologram. Maul was to go to the planet of Naboo to murder another force user there. The victim was not a Jedi however, but a potential threat. Sidious had not specified the target's name but Maul suspected that it was the mysterious Rahziid.

"Why do I have to come?" Jango sulked.

"Because I will kill you if you don't," Maul snapped back.

"Alright, but after this I am leaving," said Jango.

"You will leave when you are no longer of any use to me," replied Maul. "And you will be lucky if you keep your life." Jango shook slightly but was determined not to show any fear. An hour later, they arrived on Naboo. Maul and Jango booked a hotel room in the city of Theed. Tomorrow, Maul would prepare to eliminate the target who jeopardised his training to become a Sith. They approached the hotel and climbed the stairs to the top floor. Jango had room 14 and Maul had room 16.

"Hey Jango! You want to become a Bounty Hunter? Consider this your first contract. I'll even pay you 2000 Credits if the mission is a success," said Maul. he was in a generous mood but he was also determined not to let this mission be another failure. Jango considered for a moment and then nodded to Maul. Jango went into his room and Maul went into his. The soon to be Sith took out his lightsaber, gave it a few swings, and then put it back in his pocket. He was ready for this. It was his destiny.

The next day, Maul and Jango left the hotel to find the target. After several hours, they reached a field which lay just beyond a large forest. Standing in the field's center was a single figure, Rahziid. Maul stepped forward and faced his target with aggression clearly in his face.

"Well, well, well. We meet at last," said Rahziid.

"Unfortunately it will be a short meeting," said Maul as he unsheathed his lightsaber. Rahziid did the same and ran towards Maul with a great hatred.

"You killed my friend, Diego!" shouted Rahziid as he slashed at Maul.

"A true Sith does not have friends," Maul replied as he blocked the oncoming attack. Rahziid slashed at Maul's legs but Maul managed to roll backwards, away from harm. Maul retaliated with a wave of his force push ability which made Rahziid stumble backwards. Both force users slashed and sliced at each other, making sparks fly into the air. Maul seemed to have the advantage and eventually Rahziid seemed to get tired. Maul force pushed Rahziid's lightsaber away with the force and slashed him on the leg. Rahziid gasped and stared at Maul in defeat.

"Kill me and take your place as Sith," said Rahziid.

"I have already earned that title," said Maul. "It is up to my Bounty Hunter accomplice here, to decide your fate." Rahziid looked over Maul's shoulder to see a teenager of about 18 in blue Mandalorian Armour. Maul turned away and strolled into the forest as he heard Rahziid scream in pain. Sidious appeared on a hologram and smiled to Maul.

"You have done well, my young apprentice," Sidious complimented. "From henceforth you will be known as Darth Maul."

"Yes, my Master," said Darth Maul as Sidious disappeared. He smiled to himself and then walked away.

500 miles away, in a deserted ruin in the middle of a forest, a single Gungan peered into a blue, transparent box. The box was a Jedi Archive from the planet of Ahch-To and was about to reveal all of its secrets to the Gungan. The Gungan smiled an evil smile. It had been so easy to steal the Archive in question from the fool who called himself Senator Palpatine. The Senator had hidden the Archive in his second home at the heart of the city of Theed. However, he had made the mistake of leaving his window open. How the fool could represent a whole planet was anyone's guess. The Gungan sat down on a rock and spoke to himself.

"Soon I will unlock your secrets," The Gungan said as he caressed the box. "Soon I will gain your power." His laugh was audible for miles around.