Lone Shot

Jango raced through the corridors of the West Wing until he reached a narrow doorway. He stepped through it and saw a large room before him. Dodging blaster fire, Jango charged towards the exit on the other side. The gust of cold air hit him hard in the face as he stepped outside. Above him loomed Maul's battleship, except for it was no longer Maul's but instead Rahziid's. Jango ran as fast as he could towards a distant hill as he wanted no part in the next stage of the battle. Fighting would be suicidal.

After 10 minutes of running, Jango had finally approached the hill. He panted then stumbled clumsily up its slippery banks. Twice he slid down and had to pick himself up again, but he was determined to reach its peak. The battleship was coming in to land now and Jango could already see Battle Droids exiting it. As he reached the top of the hill, he covered himself behind a rock. He didn't want to be spotted.

Meanwhile, Darth Maul was peering out of a window nearby.

"Damn! They aren't our Droids but it is my ship," cried Maul angrily.

"Master, they are approaching our base," shouted a Gungan soldier. A Wookiee roared nearby. Maul looked concerned but not scared. He brandished his lightsaber, then prepared himself for the fray. The Droids swarmed the base like bees.

"Fire!"

"Man down, MAN DOWN!"

"We need Medical Evac NOW!"

Darth Maul entered the fray and slashed everyone who he set eyes upon. He impaled several Zabrak soldiers and beheaded a Twi'lek Commander. After what seemed like an eternity, the Battle Droids thinned in number, only to be replaced by more. Suddenly, one of Rahziid's inner-circle stepped into view. Maul smashed the hilt of his lightsaber into his face and then impaled him with his lightsaber. Blood splattered everywhere, painting the floor red.

"Uhhhhh," spluttered the dying warrior. Maul fought his way towards the exit of the base where he saw Diego commanding troops. Diego picked up a blaster rifle and fired at Maul but missed. Maul force pushed him into some Battle Droids and continued on his way. Diego hastily picked himself up and ran towards a fighter ship to escape the battle. Maul saw Rahziid alone, far away in the distance near a hill. Darth Maul raced towards him.

When Maul finally reached him he brandished his lightsaber.

"Ahh Maul," smirked Rahziid. "I've been watching your attempts and I must say I am impressed."

"I'm going to kill you! right here, right now," retorted Maul.

"You will attempt to like so many before you have done," Rahziid replied. "Very well, if you desire death so be it," he added. Rahziid took out his lightsaber, which happened to be red despite his promise. Darth Maul rushed towards his opponent with great loathing. They ducked, turned and rolled, clashing each other's lightsaber numerous times in the process. They swaggered towards the hill where Jango was hidden. Maul threw a grenade at Rahziid who forced it away from him instantly. Maul heard the grenade before he felt it and he was swept off his feet.

"Alas, the mighty Sith warrior is defeated," Rahziid said triumphantly as he circled around Maul. "I am going to murder you and it will be painfully slow for you." He let out a high, cold laugh. Suddenly, Jango appeared from behind the rock with his blaster pistol out.

"Ahh, my favorite Bounty Hunter," said Rahziid with an air of surprise. "You can have the pleasure of doing the honours." Maul staggered to his feet.

"Jango, you kill me and you will be killed be Rahziid for killing his troops," said Maul.

"I will not deny it," said Rahziid. "But you really believe that Maul won't do the same?" added Rahziid. Jango had made up his mind. He pointed his gun at Maul who looked shocked.

"I...I...You are making a great mistake," stammered Maul.

Jango fired.

The shot echoed all around him. His entire world seemed to go in slow motion. The single blast headed straight for Maul, skimming his shoulder. The blast continued until it hit Rahziid right in the heart. Everything suddenly seemed to speed up again and Jango looked horrified upon the sight before him. Rahziid was dead before he hit the ground and Darth Maul was screaming in agony. Maul clenched his shoulder as blood spewed upon the snow.

"I'm sorry, Maul, but I had to do it," said Jango as he walked away.

Maul's screams were still audible 20 miles away.