The Siege of Hoth

Darth Maul was in the hangar of a large battleship. It was being piloted by a group of Gungans who had a combined experience of 70 years. Maul strolled passed a line of Gungan warriors, surveying them. They claimed to be the most fearsome warriors in Naboo, but Maul knew better. Gungans rarely practised combat, and were inferior to most Twi'leks.

"Now listen here," said Maul. "You will each be flying a one-man ship. You will land just beside Rahziid's base and then await further instructions. We will march towards the base and kill everyone inside. Is that clear?"

"Yes sir!" a chorus of Gungan's shouted. They each entered their own ship and took off, one by one. Maul turned and faced Zephyr, who he had made commander.

"Are your troops ready?" asked Maul

"Yes sir," Zephyr replied.

"Good. I have just sent out Phase 1. Make sure Phases 2 and 3 are ready," said Maul as he entered his personal ship. He took off and headed towards the icy planet below. As he entered the planet's atmosphere, he saw the enemy base. It was a large structure with a few vehicles and tanks guarding its exterior. Maul landed next to Phase 1 and jumped out of the cockpit. He signalled to the Gungan commander to start the assault and they were off.

They charged over the hill and towards the base. Several snipers seemed to have seen them as they fired towards Phase 1. A few Gungans got killed and even more got injured, but Maul would not give up yet. As Phase 1 reached the exterior of the base, Maul saw Phase 2 incoming. He signalled the captain to land next to Phase 1 but a number of Droid Battleships intercepted them.

"I'm hit! I'M HIT!" shouted Phase 2's commander as he crashed into the icy floor.

"We need backup," a pilot said. Maul and what was left of Phase 1 entered the base. They were greeted with a burst of blaster fire from a group of Battle Droids. Darth Maul and his men cut them down and headed for the East Wing. Two men from Phase 1 defused some proximity mines which were guarding the East Wing.

"Phase 3 incoming," said Phase 3's commander. As Phase 1 cut down Battle Droids left, right and center, Maul looked around for Rahziid. Phase 3 entered the base along with what was left of Phase 2. They mowed down the Twi'lek warriors and headed deeper into the building. Maul and his men took control of the Medical Facility and regrouped. The severely injured soldiers were put into Bacta Tanks and the rest were being treated by Medical Droids who had had their memory wiped and their system reprogrammed. Darth Maul contacted Zephyr.

"Send Phases 4 and 5," said Maul.

"Yes sir," Zephyr replied.

Meanwhile, Jango was still in his cell, unaware of what was happening. Watto was still in the cell opposite to him and the cleaver was still pinning him to the wall. He had just about to lose hope when he heard an explosion. Screams could be heard over bursts of gunfire. Suddenly, half of his cell exploded and the cleaver was flung out of his arm. Jango staggered to his feet and saw a dead Gungan in front of him. He picked up the Gungan's weapon and limped towards the exit.

"Hey, will you let me out please?" asked Watto. Jango sighed and fired his gun at the lock.

"I'm not escorting you out, though," said Jango as Watto repeated "thank you" over and over again. Jango headed out of the Prison Block when he saw two Gungan's.

"He isn't with us. Kill him!" said one of the Gungans. Jango fired his Blaster Rifle twice and killed both of the Gungans. He charged past some Twi'leks and shot one of them in the head, killing him instantly. As Jango headed towards the West Wing, he saw the large, Twi'lek Commander who had imprisoned him in the first place. Jango launched himself forwards and grabbed knife out of the Twi'lek's hand. He stabbed the Commander in the heart and quickly fled the scene, hearing a loud shriek of pain from behind him. Two Gungans were mowing down Battle Droids in front of him so Jango dived for cover.

"Phase 4 and 5 have arrived," said one of the Gungans as yet more soldiers came rampaging through the corridors. Jango was just about to lunge forwards when he was blasted backwards by a grenade explosion. He watched as several Battle Droids shot down a pair of Gungans. They suddenly turned towards Jango and fired. Jango rolled over and threw the knife at one of the Battle Droids, who crumpled to the ground immediately.

A large Wookiee pulled off a Twi'lek's arms as a Zabrak stabbed a Weequay. There was chaos and explosions everywhere with limbs flying and Blaster fire rebounding off of every surface. A nearby Bacta Tank exploded, causing Bacta to spill everywhere. Some of it landed on Jango's injured arm, healing it to near perfection almost immediately. Jango picked himself up and fired at a Zabrak who was blocking his path. As he headed towards the West Wing, he suddenly heard shouting from the room next to him, behind a locked door.

"Tell your men to send reinforcements," said a familiar voice.

"Yes, Master Rahziid, but you must give me time!" said another voice.

"Time? The whole fucking base is being teared apart and you ask for more time? Go at once!" roared Rahziid.

"Yes, Master," said the other person as he left the room. Jango kicked down the door and started firing, only to see that Rahziid was just a hologram.

"Where are you?" asked Jango.

"I am aboard Darth Maul's giant Battleship," said Rahziid calmly. "Most of it was vacated so I decided to murder everyone else onboard and observe the fray."

"Damn you," Jango screamed as a grenade exploded near to him. He charged out of the room and fired at some nearby Twi'leks. Two Nautolans were nearby, cutting down enemies with their lightsabers.

"Nice moves, Kit," said one of the Nautolans.

"Not bad yourself," said Kit Fisto. Jango decided not to anger the Jedi so he turned and headed further into the West Wing. When would the fighting ever end, he thought as three Gungans got slaughtered by a Wookiee.