Glorybringer: Part One- The Egg

Glory was scared. Will he be mad. I should of told him. Not even my closest friends know. Glory paced in her hut and she was pretty sure Deathbringer wasn't going to be happy. She glanced over to the makeshift nest she made with big leaves and vines. A single egg lie in the middle. It was a dark green that faded to black at the top.
"Jambu?" She called to her brother. She heard wing beats and Jambu landed on the porch of her house, sweeping into a low bow before speaking.

"Yes my queen." He smirked as Glory growled at him for she told him many times not to call her that.

"Could you find Deathbringer for me. Tell him to meet me at the royal pavilion at Sun time." Jambu lowered into a mocking bow then flew of through the trees before Glory could do anything. She looked back at her egg. Her egg. It sounded weird that she was going to be a mother. She went back inside and sat by her egg. Pink was appearing on her scales, then yellow. Knocking came at the door. Glory immediately pushed the nest back into a hole in the wall that was covered. Just incase if it was Deathbringer. She called for the Dragon to come in. She turned her head expecting to see Deathbringer but instead saw Moonwatcher. "Hello Moon. Do you need anything?" Glory was the only other dragon that knew of Moon's powers besides Moon's friends and mother.

"Actually I don't know. But I was flying by a noticed that there is something strange about your hut. As if someone else is here." The egg. Glory moved so she was covering the egg a little more. But Moon saw for she narrowed her eyes. "Queen Glory I have seen much of the future and the only thing I remember is that you have an egg." Glory stiffened and her scales went a shade darker but she recovered then slowly nodded. Moon lit up with joy then hugged Glory. "I won't tell anyone. I promise." They both walked out of the hut and Glory flew off to go to sun time. As Glory was lying down she heard wing beats then heavy talons making a scraping sound on the pavilion. She rose her head to see a black figure. The father to my child. Glory remained laying down and Deathbringer laid down next to her.

"You called for me." Deathbringer said in a low voice that made Glory's heart flutter. She turned so she was facing him.

"Yes. There is actually something I need to tell you." She paused. I can't do this here. "But not here. Come on." No sun time. I need to show him. The two made their way back to the royal hut, big enough to fit four full size dragons plus many dragonets. Deathbringer was scared that Glory didn't like him anymore, he stiffened as they went through the door. Glory made her way over to the wall. She took a breath then turned around. "Don't freak out. If you don't like it that's okay." Glory rambled on before Deathbringer chuckled and grabbed her talons. entertwining their tails together Glory turned and pulled out the nest. She scooted it over in front of Deathbringer. His eyes widened and looked back from Glory to her. Being careful he picked up the egg and cradled it. He looked up tears flicking at his eyes.

"Is it really mine?" He asked. Glory nodded, tears flooding her eyes. He turned his head back down to look at the egg. "Hey there little one. I'm gonna be your daddy. I promise I will protect you my little Prince or Princess." Deathbringer brought Glory close to him using his wing as he cradled th egg. The two new parents cooed at the egg. Both content as ever.

End of part one...