Winterwatcher: Part One - Mother

Moon sat in her room. Well, her and Winter's. Living in the rainforest was peaceful. It was her sanctuary. She always felt that everything was perfect. Her and Winter had been together since they got out of school. She loved him very much. He to loved her. Or so she thought.

"Moon! Why won't you tell me what's going on!" Winter roared. Winter was sitting in their room, waiting for Moon to return. For the past month Moon has left every other day and didn't come back till late that night.

"Because Winter, it's none of your business!" Moon roared back. Their little house was way of from anyone eles' s so no one would wake up due to their fight.

"Well then how do I know you aren't with another! How do I know if I'm not your only persuer!?"Moon lost it. Tears streamed down her face as she spoke.

"You are my only persuer. But the reason I have been gone, the reason I've been sneaking behind your back." She took a shaky breath and Winter glared at her, waiting for her to answer. "Is because my mother died." Moon cried harder. Winter tools a step closer to comfort her. "Don't touch me!" She hissed at him. He stayed put.

"Why didn't you tell me Moon?" Moon rose her head and sniffled.

"Because I wasn't ready to tell you. I was still mourning her death!" She seethed at him. Tears were now flowing down her cheeks.

"I could have helped you. I could have been there for you Moon! I love you!" Winter rose his voice. Moon rose her head, everything was silent.

"If you love me then why would you think I am a whore." With that she turned away and fled through the door. Taking flight into the night she flew away from the once cozy home. Her tears blurred her vision but she knew where to go. Where she hatched. It was the one place she knew and nobody else did. It was perfect.

Landing silently Moon paced the small clearing. She stopped and felt something in her stomach. She then dropped to the ground in pain. Whimpering quietly she panicked. No one was close or even awake so Moon was left alone. Withering in pain she tried to think of what was going on. Until she remembered a health class she took her last year at Jade Mountain Academy. She looked down and realized that her stomach wasn't big for no reason.

She was having an egg.

Not just any egg, but a hybrid. A night and an ice. Two tribes that have hated each other for years. Now there was a hybrid of the two. Not long after but the egg was out. Moon had stood and now layed feet from it. Pondering as to why she had an egg. She knew how obviously, but why? And how had she not notice. She wanted, no she needed Winter right now. More than anything. To exhausted to fly Moon crawled over to the egg. Curling herself around it to protect it she fell asleep on the forest floor. Wrapped around her egg she imagined Winter there with her. Her mother came to mind. How her mother would of loved to have been a grandmother. She sighed and let darkness take over.

A/N Should I continue?