Night and Ice

Backed into a corner she was defenseless. He came forth, ready to kill. Moon tried to scream but nothing came out. She tried to move but her feet were stuck.
"Finish the job, Winter. Then your ranking will be at the top." Winter stepped forward, no remorse showing. His mind was blank as his cold talons curled around Moon's neck. Moon sobbed as Winter started to squeeze. "Finish her Winter!" With one last squeeze everything went dark.
Moon woke with a start. Gasping for air she started crying. Her and winter were in their bedroom in the Rainwing forest. Winter woke alarmed to see his love crying and clawing at her neck.

"Moon! Stop, stop it or you're going to hurt yourself!" Moon didn't here for she still felt like something was around her neck. Winter realized her actions and seized her talons in his. Holding them with one hand he reached around her neck and pulled something furry off. A sloth. Moon continued to sob as Winter sat the sloth outside of the small house. Hurrying back to Moon he pulled her to him. She cried some more but they soon turned into hiccups. Winter decided it was a good time to ask.

"Moon, what happened?" He desperately asked. He stroked her neck as a way to calm her. Her hiccups stopped and she pulled back, cyan blue eyes looking into deep purple.

"I had a nightmare. Or a vision. I don't know." Moon's eyes started to well up but Winter stopped her from saying more.

"Look if you want to talk about it that's fine. But if you don't then that's okay too. I'm here for you." Moon saw deep concern in Winter's eyes and decided to tel him.

"The nightmare, or vision, was about you." Winter seemed puzzled at what she said.

"You were in it, I was in it, and Queen Glacier was in it." Moon started. "I was backed into a corner, you were there, walking towards me. The Queen Glacier said something about raising your ranks if you 'finished the job'. Last thing I remember was you choking me. Then I Woke up." Winter seemed startled.

"Moon I-I don't know w-what to say. I would never do that. I love you!" Winter stepped forward then back, as a way to show he was trying to be careful.

"Winter it's ok. I trust you. Come on let's get back to sleep." Moon layed down on the leaf bed into her normal ball. Winter layed down next to her. Hesitantly put his wing over her. She curled in next to him.

Little did Moon and Winter know was that Queen Glacier was visiting the next day...

A/N So sorry that I haunt updated this book I've been trying to get my new book kind of started. Sorry it's short but I need new plot ideas. Love you my dear dragonets!!!!!

Shout Out to GrrTheSecond please check them out and read their books!!!!! Oh and follow GrrTheSecond too!!!!!!!!