two >> the rules

COLE'S P.O.V

Date - March 25th
Time - 11:47
Location – Stray road near the I-10

"Who?" I croaked out, gripping the sides of my seat tightly.

"Oh! A specific person who is unfortunate enough to be stuck in that traffic that you had recklessly left before. It's a she and she has long dirty blonde hair and startling blue eyes. Simple enough."

"Can you please be more specific?" I pleaded, feeling somewhat horrified at the request. America has millions of blondes and blue-eyed people, I myself fall into the blue-eyes category.

He gave out an amused laugh, "Why, my boy, wasn't I very specific? A girl with long dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, just like your sister."

That sent my nerves to flare up in fear. "How do you know how my sister looks like?"

"The same way I know who you are and where you are going. Pity there's going to be two funerals now, eh?"

"Stay away from her," I threatened.

"Oh don't you worry about that Mr. Devin, I wouldn't hurt you nor would I hurt any of your family. Just find her and you will live."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked. "And who are you?"

"Stop asking questions, boy! The reason is simple; I want to test a theory and someone recommended me you. Oh, and call me 'The Man' for now."

"Bu-"

"Stop asking questions and move! You are only limited to five hours, and if you make a mistake, one dies right in front of you," he threatened in a growl.

A shivering gasp escaped my lips.

"I think you better set your watch timer now. If in five hours you fail to succeed, then you will die," he said, before I raised my watch and set the timer to five hours, and to my surprise my watch moved once more.

"Your time starts now."

<•>

Dedicated to my friend Emily, who sadly does not have Wattpad.

Happy Birthday!

<•>