seven >> one last chance

COLE'S P

COLE'S P.O.V.

Date - March 25th
Location - Highway I-10

I couldn't believe it, it's all over.

I had killed four girls and for nothing.

Not even for my life.

"Get back into your car, Mr.Devin," his disappointed voice boomed from the car.

I didn't need any reinforcements to do it, I just did.

I was walking back to my death.

To be honest, I felt like I deserved it.

I stepped inside my car, and stopped to peer out into the stray road where I was. The lifeless bodies of the four girls stare at me with death, and I was soon to join them.

I hope, I thought, that there is a place in Heaven for killers,

Because I am one of them.

"It was a good game that you had played Mr. Devin, but you know the consequences," 'The Man''s stern voice rang out from the radio, as merciless and emotionless as ever.

A rustle came, and the radio went off.

I took a deep breath, held my hands on my steering wheel, and closed my eyes.

My pain will soon be over.

I waited, and waited for time to move once more, to finally send me to my demise.

It was a cruel joke, this cliffhanging, and all I wanted to do was get it over with.

A static crackle came from the radio, and a hearty laugh echoed from it. "Oh, I like you Cole Devin, so ready to die, so eager to end your pain."

I felt anger rise to my face. Was he playing with me?

"What the heck are you trying to do to me!? If you want to kill me then just freaking kill me already!" I yelled furiously, feeling my grip on the steer tighten.

"I like you so much," he continued without acknowledging my furious outburst, "that I would give you one last chance."

I felt shocked, and appalled. I didn't want to fail, I didn't want another life in my hands to die away, I didn't want it.

"No," I said sternly, slow and steady.

"No? but you don't know the one advantage I'm giving you!" he said, offended.

"Ad-advantage?" I stuttered, feeling completely bewildered.

"Yes," he said, now his voice in a deep slur. "I know that you saw her, but you didn't dare to pick her because you didn't want to take the risk. I know that you saw her, and the advantage I'm giving you should be more than enough."