nine >> i'm here

NATALIA'S P.O.V.

Date - March 25th
Time - 11:55
Location - Unknown Farm

I woke up lying on some sort of wooden furniture, staring at a wide expanse of grass and in the very far distance, a strip of cars.

I sat up, quickly noticing that I was on a bench, and looked around.

In movies and books they always depict the character to forget and suddenly remember everything that has happened after they blacked out, but not me, I remembered everything that very instant.

And I hated it that it was still the same.

There was no noise in the air. All the air, human, cars, animals, and even plants stopped moving. It felt unnatural, as if you are in a vacuum but then you can still breathe normally without changing the air volume around you.

"Natalia Freightwood," that rough voice called me once more.

I turned behind me to find the man, and again I almost fainted.

I couldn't believe it.

I still couldn't.

He still had the same striking blue eyes, but now it was hard and scarred, his hair didn't even have any shot of silver throughout its brown hood. And yet, it wasn't possible, was it?

"W-what's going on?" I asked briskly, feeling my voice quiver ever so slightly.

I might know who he was, but it still frightened me how everything had come to this.

He approached me, and I instantly jumped out from the bench, pacing backward slowly.

I didn't want to believe any of this was true, but I knew it was, and yet when I should be rejoicing in happiness, I gave it fright.

"Don't you remember me? I know from your face that you recognize me," he said in the voice that haunted me in my dreams, in my fantasies.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat. I couldn't speak all of a sudden, as if any word I say will ultimately bring me down to tears.

"Nattie..." he called out to me softly.

Nattie

"No," I spoke out softly, suddenly feeling that all of my limbs couldn't move, that I was stuck to the ground.

My vision started to blur, but when I blinked it cleared away. I feel the cool touch of water roll down my cheeks and know that it wasn't rain.

It was tears.

"B-bu-but you're d-de-dead!" I stuttered out, my whole body trembling violently.

Impossible, I my mind said.

I remembered that day ten years ago perfectly in my mind. I remembered sitting in an office with my mother praying and clutching my hand with force. I remembered the pitiful look that the soldier gave my mother before she burst out into tears, with me feeling all numb and hollow.

All my belief was broken, and he made me suffer the last ten years.

"Nat...calm down," he soothed me a bit awkwardly, as if he wasn't too used to giving love.

He was behind me, clutching my shoulders in a sort of half-hug. I shrugged them off, still not able to process what was happening.

He's alive

and...young

"Nat listen to me," he whispered gently at my ear, his voice as commanding as ever, "you need to calm down and then I will explain everything."