Chapter 6

Scholar Choi often visits the gisaeng house, even though he is not scheduled to teach here. Sometimes he just stays as a customer but I am the only one he requests for.

"Go ahead and play something on the gayageum." He demanded.

"You very well know that I am not good with it. You just want to tease me and laugh on me. These past days that is what you always wanted me to play just so you can enjoy yourself!" I protested.

"You will learn how to properly play it."

"I refuse!"

"You cannot refuse a customer's request, is that right Mirajane?"

"Why are you calling me by my first name? We're not that close."

"Then you can call me Hyun Min." he answers in a serious tone.

Sometimes I can't help but get infuriated with him, but on the flip side, I am kind of happy he's here. He's the only one who became my closest friend in this world even though he tends to be very strict, deep down I know that he has a good heart.

"Alright, you can stop doing that. I have something else on my mind."

"And what is that?"

"Stand up. We are going somewhere."

"Where will you take me?"

"Just stand."

I meekly followed him, but first I changed to simpler clothes, a common hanbok, and not a gisaeng dress. I bought this a few weeks ago, because I do not want to be identified as a gisaeng whenever I wish to take a stroll.

We passed by a place full of trees and the path inclines; I think it ends on top of a mountain. We stopped when we reached the top.

"We're here."

"Woah. Such a nice view." I am amazed because of the beautiful scenery. We're on a high place and it seems you can see everything from here. I can see the whole city and the palace. There were no tress to block the views, just grass everywhere and yellow flowers. If this exists in my time, I will surely held picnics here all the time. I looked back at scholar Hyun Min and he smiles at me. He turns around and walks towards from where a pile of stones were placed. I followed silently.

"What can that be?"

"This is where my parents lay at rest."

"They had a spectacular place for a grave."

"Yes. Back then when I was a child, eomeoni and I often visit here, she taught me the gayageum. And abeoji taught me how to fight here as well. He was a Hwarang."

"You have such beautiful memories in this place." I said, smiling at him.

"Abeoji (Father), Eomeoni (Mother), this is Mirajane, a friend of mine. Eomeoni, if you were still here, you could have helped me teach the gayageum to Mirajane, because, whatever I do, she still won't learn." He chuckles for a bit.

"You can able to laugh, but just to humiliate me." I sourly commented. I face his parents' grave.

"I beg your pardon. He is a good gayageum player but he's a lousy teacher." I tell his parents and looked back at him with a smirk.

"Mirajane!" he scolds me. His face turned serious again which made me laugh because he acts like a child.

We walked back down the path and he escorted me all the way to the gisaeng house.

"Thank you for introducing me to your parents." I told him, still plastering a grateful smile.

"Thank you as well. You go in now." He smiled and then leaves.

Is that real? He smiled at me? I'm getting amused with the guy, he looks so cute. I just wish he can stop being so terse.

-----

A/N: I hope I can read some comments from you guys, it will make me very happy and I'll update more chapters. Anyway thanks for reading :D