Conflict

Two days had passed, and as what is expected, I have moved and currently in a room inside the palace where the Eunuch escorted me into.

"This will be your quarters starting today, lady Mirajane. If you needed anything, just call to a servant waiting outside."

"Thank you." I solemnly utter and he left.

I can't help but feel agitated and impatient since I am not permitted to leave this room, not until the preparations have begun. It has been only a day but I feel like I had been locked up for a week. The next day, I was summoned to meet the Crown Prince.

"Good morning, lady Mirajane." Greeted the Crown Prince and just like before, there's a glint of happiness in his smile.

"Good morning, your Majesty."

"Why the long face, lady Mirajane? Come, we'll dine here." He said, the smile still plastered on his face.

He's asking me why when just yesterday he locked me up in a room for the whole day!

But I didn't let the words out, instead I silently obey. After we eat, both of us went outside and to the palace garden.

"Do you still remember the first we've met, lady Mirajane?"

"Huh? Ah, yes, your Majesty."

"Honestly, I had been watching you for much longer at that time before I make up my mind and talk to you." He confessed while we're walking. "I can't help but laugh and get attracted to your beauty. On that exact moment, I knew that you are the one I'll wed, just like what the prophecy says about a girl from another world."

His words made me look up at him. "But your Majesty, I did not came from another world." I reasoned out.

Because I am just from another time.

He laughs. "I know. I know that you aren't but I still believe that you're the one for me."

"But your Majesty..."

"Nothing will change my mind, lady Mirajane, nothing. Our marriage has been set already and it will be after three weeks."

Again, words fail me and the Crown Prince continues his walk. Our leisure stroll ends and I were then escorted back to my room.

Inside, my thoughts drifted back to the scholar. We never met again after our last conversation four days ago, and I miss him so much. Maybe this is what Hyun Min talks about but I never thought the Crown Prince would really do this. What will I do?

Later on, someone calls to me from behind the door. "Lady Mirajane, scholar Hyun Min is here and he wanted to have a word with you."

"Let him in." I answered.

The door opens and it reveals the scholar Hyun Min. He gives me his respect and sits down in front of me.

"Hyun Min" I call his name as my eyes starts to swell. "I don't want to marry the Crown Prince."

"This is what I fear the most. I knew the Crown Prince will do this!" he said in a rage. "I love you, Mirajane, from the start. That is why I don't ever want for you to meet the Crown Prince because I know this will happen. Back then, it has been always the desire of the Crown Prince to meet the girl that came from another world, and from the looks of it, he had found it within you."

"But I am not from another world!"

"The Crown Prince knows that but even so, there's something about you that is so different that makes it enough for the Crown Prince to be convinced that you are similar to the girl he's dreaming about." He explained. "But don't worry, Mirajane. I will not let you marry him, even if my life depends on it."

I started to cry. "Thank you, Hyun Min..."

"We need to bear this, for the mean time. Just do everything you'll need to do and we'll wait for the right time to escape before the day of the wedding."

"Really? But how? The Crown Prince can do anything. He can even make an order to kill you!" I worriedly stated.

"Just like what I've said before, Mirajane, I'll do anything even if my life's on the stake. I will never let you be wed with a person you did not love."

"Alright. I'll do everything that you said. And I will wait for the day we'll escape."

"Good. Right now, get some rest. I'll take my leave."

"Thank you."

Before truly leaving, he closed the distance between us and held my face with both of his palms. He stared right into my eyes and for once I can finally understand what he is implying to do. I closed my eyes and wait.

Just like those drama I had watch, I know that he's about to kiss me on my forehead but five seconds had passed, still I am left to wait. After a few beats, he kissed my lips. It was so unexpected and he caught me by surprise. I thought what I've always known to happen in dramas will occur but it doesn't. When I opened my eyes, he kissed me again, but this time on my forehead. I looked at him and he gave me his smile.

"Sweet dreams, my love." He said.

"Ah, y-yes. You too."

He stands and left.

My heart beats so fast like I have just been in a race and it marked a grateful smirk on my face until I fell into a peaceful sleep.