chapter 9

The next day, the Crown Prince summons me to the palace. For what reason, I have no idea but I think it is to continue teaching me how to play the gayageum.

I'm so fortunate to get a chance to know the Crown Prince personally. In truth, talking to him has been very pleasant since he's actually quite polite and cheery, and sometimes he can be a little foolish and mischievous.

There must be a lot of ladies that likes him since he's a pretty attractive Crown Prince. He's got a straight nose and charming eyes, he is also often smiling that anyone who saw him can easily feel at ease. With his thick clothing, you can still notice the masculinity of the prince. And I admit that I have a crush on the Crown Prince.

On the other hand, there are also a large number of ladies who are all attracted to scholar Hyun Min because he's handsome and manly. Just like the Crown Prince, scholar Hyun Min has a straight nose but his eyes were serious in a way that it looks like he is always in deep thought. Scholar Hyun Min rarely smiles, instead he's always on the whim when you've done something wrong. Although he's like that, he still can't help but be concern with the people around him.

After some time, the Crown Prince finally arrived. I immediately stand up and give him my respect. "How are you doing, your Majesty?"

"I am just fine." He answered with a grin.

"Uhm...your Majesty, I hope you won't get mad at my question but am I here to play the gayageum again?"

"Do not fret Mirajane, I did not summon you to play the gayageum."

"Really? Well, what is the reason?"

"I just want your companionship as I would like to walk and wander outside the palace grounds."

"You're going outside the palace?"

"You didn't hear it wrong, Mirajane." He is still smiling when he said that.

"I understand." I bow to him as a sign of respect.

"But, I will let you go ahead of me, lady Mirajane. Eunuch Jeong will escort you outside. Please wait for me."

"As you wish, your Majesty."

We went out of the palace and Eunuch Jeong led me inside a small shack standing on the foot of the forest. I don't have a clue as to why so I asked the eunuch. "Why are we here? Aren't we waiting for the Crown Prince? How are we supposed to do that if we're here on a secluded place and that nobody seemed to pass by?"

"You're right, my lady. Not many people know this place that is why it is a perfect place to wait for the Crown Prince, so no one can see him."

"So you're saying that today's excursion of the Crown Prince is a secret?"

"You're very smart, lady Mirajane." Eunuch Jeong answers with a smile.

Soon the door of the shack opened and the sight of the scholar Hyun Min caught me by surprise as he and the Crown Prince enters. For a moment, I'm amazed by the clothing of the prince because he is not wearing what a royalty usually wears, instead he choose to wear a simple hanbok. Simple as it may seem, the degree and position of the prince is still clear from the color and the rich texture of the hanbok's cloth.

Once again, I gave my respect for the Crown Prince.

"We can now go outside together, lady Mirajane." He said.