Chapter 1

I was just laying in bed listening to the screeching and the revving of engines that was taking place next door. My neighbor Corey is absolutely insane. On Tuesdays and Thursdays in the middle of the night, he fixes cars and literally "burns rubber" with his friends. Ugh, how on earth am I supposed to sleep?

Seconds later, I heard my neighbor Grace yell through her megaphone "Shut up and go to bed its 1 in the morning". Obviously, they ignored her so she played the siren sound. I sat there laughing and listening to them yelling "FUCK YOU" at each other. Why does he race the cars around anyway? And especially at 1 in the morning?

The next day at the bus stop my neighbors Grace, Matt, and I were talking about Corey.

"So you hear Corey last night?" Matt asked.

"How could you not?" I laughed.

"He's insane," Grace said.

"What's the big deal with him anyway he's just a teenage boy, they do crazy stuff?" I asked. I mean I really believed that, yes, he definitely is crazy, but how bad could he be?

"Listen, don't look at him, don't talk to him, don't do anything with him or near him. Just stay away. When you see him look away and walk away," Matt was going on and on about how bad Corey is and how I must stay about 50 miles away from him at all times.

"I hear he deals!" Grace laughed.

"Hey Corey hit me up with some!" Matt joked.

"Oh common guys he honestly can't be that bad!"

"Not that bad? He was accused of setting his house on fire, he got kicked out of our high school, and I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but he's insane! Plus, he has a scary ass pitbull," Ugh Matt.

"Alright!"

• • • •

Later that day, when I got home from school, I decided to go for a run. I decided on some short running shorts, a sweatshirt because it's kind of chilly, and some elites with sneakers. I peeked outside and saw Corey and his friends working on their car, dammit I hope they don't notice me. I descended down the front steps of my house praying they wouldn't notice me, but just my luck they did.

They started whistling and yelling, "hey it's okay, just come here!" OH MY GOD IM GOING TO GET RAPED!! I frantically thought as I walked reeeaaaaalllyyy fast down the side walk in the opposite direction. I turned around and they were following me down the sidewalk, YIKES!!! Finally, I heard one of them say, "we'll talk to her another time lets get back to work,". That was my first interaction with Corey and frankly, it was terrifying. God, maybe Corey IS bad?