Chapter 26

I walked into my room, turned on my record player, and plopped on my bed with Joy. My closet was opened and I hopelessly stared at the clothes wondering what on earth I should wear that night. After wasting time, as usual, I decided on a short, flowy, red dress. (CHER IS MY QUEEN I LOVE HER CLOTHES SO MUCH!!)

I walked down the stairs with Joy and went out onto the patio to watch her run around in the fenced yard only to meet up with Big near the fence. I smiled as the dogs licked each other and chased each other through the fence. I was interrupted by a yell, "HEY!"

I looked up to see Corey standing outside also watching the dogs while smoking and starting a fire pit outside. I smiled and waved at him, walking closer towards the fence.

"Wanna come over tonight I'm having some friends over, but you can come, too?"

"Sorry Corey I can't. Grace's parents are having a dinner party tonight" I said with a frown, "and Matt's gonna be there."

"Oh," he replied looking down.

"He's been telling people you attacked him last night and you caused the whole thing. He had to get stitches."

"I don't give a shit what Matt says about me anymore. I'm sick of him. And you know what he deserved everything he got."

"I know he did, it's just, people are starting to talk Corey it's scary, what if you get in trouble?"

"I don't care about that stuff, I'll be ok. I promise." He gave me a weak reassuring smile which I returned.

"I'll see you later, ok?"

"Ok, bye Talya have fun."

With that I walked inside the house angry as ever. I know Corey already didn't have a great reputation, but Matt keeps making everything so much harder for him. He's practically immune to rumors now because of all of the stuff Matt and other people keep saying about him, he doesn't deserve this. I put on my matching shoes and my family and me headed over to Grace's house.

Before entering, I had to compose myself and put forward my best happy front that I could. After what happened last night, I don't know how I can contain myself infront of matt.

The door opened and the Brennings were cheery as ever (graces parents). I greeted them and walked into the house to find Grace.

"Hi Talya! Here come to my room we need to talk!" She grabbed my hand and we ran up the stairs to start discussing the events of last night.

I told her everything that happened when Corey and I left and when I came home this morning to the news my mom told me.

"What am I supposed to say to him? I'm furious! Why can't he just stay out of it and leave Corey alone?"

"I don't know Talya, Corey's really super nice and he really cares about you a lot. Matt is just being an asshole so don't worry about him unless he confronts you first."

"Yeah I guess it's just really hard seeing Corey get all this unfair treatment, you know?"

"You're right I know, but can we just talk about how attractive it is that Matt needed stitches, REAL STITCHES, because of Corey's punch!"

We were both laughing loudly until the door opened and Matt walked in.

I DIDNT UPDATE IN FOREVER OMG SORRY!!!! I've been so busy with tutoring and volunteering and now I'm sick it's just been crazy lol sorry again!!