Chapter 6

Dipper's p.o.v

As we walked there, I looked around me, summer was almost over. People started to pack their things and go back home, going less and less to swim since it's getting cooler. The leaves slowly starting to change colours. The warm breeze hitting my face and blowing through my hair. The heat slowly invading the atmosphere. The nights slowly getting longer and the days getting shorter. I could feel Will eyeing me. He was smiling. "What are you thinking about?" He asks me. I was taken by surprise. "Why do you want to know?" I asked harsher then I intended. "Sheesh kid, I was only wondering since you looked so peaceful" he said and chuckled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap it's only that I'm not used to...well this" I said while showing him with my hand. He just smile. "Better get used to it dude" he said as he playfully punched my arm. I jokingly sighed. "So this means I have to listen to you all day?" I said mockingly. "Yep and not only all day but for next years too!" He said cheerfully as we began to laugh. Something popped in my mind 'will Will really will stay with me? Or is he gonna break me by leaving me?' I thought as my laughter slowly went quiet as a flashback went in my mind. ' Mabel and I were celebrating our 13th anniversary. We were going to high school tomorrow. We were all laughing when Mabel said. "Don't worry bro bro! I will not leave you no matter what!" I was smiling when she told me that. I thought she would keep her promise but I was wrong. When we started, Mabel was with me until her friends came and walked away with her, laughing and all. Not even 1 hour after school started, she had made almost 20 friends and me, was forgotten and alone, again' Will was staring at me. I was shaking and tears went down my face. He didn't bother to say something he only guided me to a near bench as he held me and let me cry on him. After awhile, I decided to speak. "Thank you..." I said as he has only kissed my forehead. "No problem little dude, that's what friends do right?" He said as we got up. "I'm hungry" he said as I chuckled. "Let's go eat then" I said as we walked in another restaurant. We both ordered and hamburger with fries and a soft drink. "So, do you mind if I ask why were you shaking and crying?" He asked looking at me with a gentle smile. I breathed in and out as I began to talk. "When I was younger, my sister and I were celebrating our 13th birthday." I paused as he asked a question. "Ok when's your birthday??" He asked as he took out his phone. "August 31st" I said as he quickly typed it in his phone and put it back in place. "Continue" he said and I started to talk again. "So as I said before, we were celebrating our birthday since we start school the next day. As we were talking, laughing and all, she promised me that she wouldn't leave me. But-but she did. I was left alone in school as at home" I said shakily breathing. "And when you told me that you wouldn't leave me, I thought about. A-and I don't want you too to break me like she did. My own twin!" I said as he looked at me with saddened eyes. I looked down. I didn't want him to see of much it hurt me but he also was broken. "Hey, I've been in the same conditions as you too, maybe they were better maybe they were worst. So no need to worry about me leaving you but I understand you. It's hard to barely thrust anyone after they betrayed you more than once. Don't push anything on yourself okay Dip?" He said as he asked me not to push myself. "Okay and thank you for being there for me" I said and he just nodded. We talked a bit about ourselves as the food arrived. For the first time in a long time, I was happy and I could finally believe that I could thrust someone again.

Bill's p.o.v

As we walked, I saw him look around, he looked so calm, peaceful I would say. It's been a long time since I saw him like this. I smiled at him. "What are you talking about?" I asked cause seriously, I don't know what he's thinking about to smile like this. "Why do you want to know?" He asked. Kinda coldly in my opinion but I knew it wasn't what he intended since after he felt bad. "Sheesh kid, I was only wondering since you looked so peaceful" I said as I chuckled. "Sorry I didn't mean to snap it's only that I'm not used to...well this" he said as he pointed me. I just smiled. He was so broken he forgot to feel alive. "Better get used to it dude" I said as I playfully punched his arm. He jokingly sighed. "So this means I have to listen to you all day?" He said in a mocking kinda tone. "Yep and not only all day but for next years too!" I said cheerfully as I began to laugh. But something about pine tree was off. He began to laugh but it went quiet. This kid was troubled but so was I. I was staring at him until I realized he was shaking and silent tears ran down his face. I just grabbed him and went to sit on the near bench. I hugged him thought as I let him cry on me. If only I had somebody to cry on too when I was younger and I'm like, older than time itself. He regained his composure and shakily said " Thank you..." I only kissed his forehead. "No problem little dude, that's what friends do right?" I said as we got up. I decided to change the topic. "I'm hungry" I said and he chuckled. "Let's go eat then" He said as we walked in another restaurant. We both ordered and hamburger with fries and a soft drink. I was really curious about what had caused him to shake and cry not to long ago so I decided to ask. "So, do you mind if I ask why were you shaking and crying?" I gently smiled at him. He breathed in and out as he began. "When I was younger, my sister and I were celebrating our 13th birthday." He paused cause I had my hand raised. I really would like to know when it's birthday. I know that I already know it but...I need to play the game right. "Ok when's your birthday??" I asked and took out my phone. "August 31st" He said as I shuffled back my phone in my pocket. "Continue" I said and he started to talk again. "So as I said before, we were celebrating our birthday since we start school the next day. As we were talking, laughing and all, she promised me that she wouldn't leave me. But-but she did. I was left alone in school as at home" He said shakily breathing. "And when you told me that you wouldn't leave me, I thought about. A-and I don't want you too to break me like she did. My own twin!" He said. Poor kid, he was so hurt. He looked down. Probably ashamed or upset. "Hey, I've been in the same conditions as you too, maybe they were better maybe they were worst. So no need to worry about me leaving you but I understand you. It's hard to barely thrust anyone after they betrayed you more than once. Don't push anything on yourself okay Dip?" I said. I really need to help him. "Okay and thank you for being there for me" he said and I just nodded. We talked a bit about ourselves as the food arrived. I had made a real friend, who thought of me as friend too.