Two| About Damn Time

A/N: this flashback/chapter is quite cliché, sorry.

Seventeen year old, Clark Kent laughed aloud with his best friend, Freya Wynn. The duo were unstoppable, she was the bad and he was the good.

Freya ran like her life depended on it. They were on the Kent's farm. In other words at Clark's house. You could see the house from where the two were at, but it was a far distance where Martha Kent stood washing dishes with a knowing smile. The wise woman knew of Clark's affection for the blonde. And she knew that Freya's heart desired for her son. To her it was obvious, but to the two love birds, they had no idea of the others feelings.

"You can't find me, Kent," Yelled a joyous Freya. Her silent giggles not so silent as it was giving her hiding spot away.

"Keep talking, Freya, and I'll find you," The farm boy laughed out looking behind a tree. She wasn't there.

"I'm the best hider at hide and seek," She shouted so her best friend could hear her. Even though the two were getting older Hide And Seek seemed to make all their troubles disappear. Like how Freya's aunt was getting sicker with her Leukemia. And Clark with his abilities and the fact that his father died recently. "Over here farm boy!"

Clark followed the sound of her voice until it stopped. He stood at the widest tree on the Kent farm. It was the place where he heard her voice the loudest. She was behind that exact tree, the girl's cleverness getting the best of her. He frowned beginning to worry. "Freya, where are you?" He looked all around for her. A thought came to his mind, so he began to use his super hearing he had yet to tell Freya about his gift. A loud thumping was what he heard from above him.

Before he had the chance to look up something fell on him. The Kent boy lost his balance, falling to the ground with whatever fell on top him. Loud giggles erupted from Freya's plumb lips as she met Clark Kent's eyes. His eyes softened when he saw that it was her. "You scared me, Freya, don't ever do that again!" Freya could hear his pounding heart beat as her head laid on his chest.

"Chill out, Clark, but you have to admit. That was pretty funny," He noticed her eyes sparkle when she laughed. "Your face was literally priceless." He blocked out the rest of whatever the short girl was going on about. That fuzzy feeling surfaced as it did every time he saw her. Clark has fallen for his best friend, his only friend.

"Freya, just please shut up," Never has Freya heard her best friend say such a thing let alone cuss.

"Excuse m-"

Freya felt soft lips onto her own. She didn't kiss back, Clark pulled away. When he saw her face which wore a blank expression. "Um, s-sorry, that- I'm sorry." Flustered and the heavy weight of being overwhelmed, Clark began to get up from the ground.

Shocked was an understatement for Freya Wynn, but she quickly got over that when she pushed Clark back to the ground and kissed him back. Now it was his turn to be shocked.

The two melted into each other's lips as Martha clapped alone in the silent house. "About damn time." She huffed out, a smile soon forming.

When the two stopped their make out session Freya couldn't help the deep shade of red that covered her cheeks

When the two stopped their make out session Freya couldn't help the deep shade of red that covered her cheeks. They stood up, with wide smiles.

"I gotta, um, go. So, see you around, Kent." She tried to quickly turn away before her male best friend saw her tomato looking face. It was too late.

He began to chuckle, "you're blushing." Freya gritted her teeth walking away.

He followed close behind her. "Right, the day I blush." She tried rubbing at her face, hoping she would stop blushing.

"No, I think it's cute, y- you're cute."

Freya waved a goodbye before getting into her car, driving away. The smile that shown on her face stayed on for the rest of that special day. Nothing could bring her down.

And that was the last good memory the two shared before all hell broke loose.