Six| The Slap

"You look beautiful."

Freya closed her eyes tightly. She craved that voice since their last encounter. Opening her eyes, she didn't say a word. Debating in her brain if she should walk away. But she couldn't help how much her former best friend grew up. He looked the exact same, yet completely different. His hair grew, it became more bushier. He now wore glasses. His eyes becoming more beautiful, maybe it was the affect of not seeing him for years, but it intrigued her even more. His jawline was pretty sharp it could cut a thick piece of cheese. Kent's lips more plump and he had more muscles.

"Are you checking me out?" Humor laced through his voice. He just wanted to hear her voice again. "Please say something." His expression seemed to pout in a way that it almost made her laugh.

It was pathetic really, how he thought after all these years of not seeing him that he'd just magically appear and she'd speak to him.

Lex quirked an eyebrow looking at the two from his perspective. The childish man began to walk over to them, but then saw Bruce Wayne. He began to converse with him wanting to have the three meet.

"After all these years, you're just gonna throw this all away?" He remembered. Clark remembered her words years ago. How could he not? The man was deeply in love with Freya. He's thought of her for so long whenever he closes his eyes theirs a clear image of her face. It was stuck in his mind and nothing could cure his vicious disease. His heart bled for her love and till this day it still does. I have to get her trust back. Even if it kills me.

A loud "clap," kind of noise sounded throughout the huge room where people were freely enjoying their life. Everyone stopped their chatter as everything went silent. She slapped him. A deep shade of red on one of his cheek's. He didn't care that people were watching intently. All the man did was stare into her eyes.

They were filled with hate and anger. Yes, Freya still loved him, but he broke her heart. Just before the woman stomped off Clark saw a single tear roll down her blushed up cheeks. He sucked in a deep breath walking away, just wanting to get some air.

Clark Kent knew he had to speak with her. So he will, just not as the Clark Kent she knew of.

Not caring if Lex fired her for leaving his little event, Freya caught a cab home. Well, her apartment. It wasn't one of those luxurious places, but it wasn't poor where it had cracks in the ceiling. More in the middle and Freya didn't really mind.

A ringing sounded throughout the quiet bedroom Freya was currently in. She was in sweatpants and a T-shirt, her hair was in a loose bun. At least she wasn't in that uncomfortable, tight dress. Lois Lane, she read on her phone's screen. Lois was calling her, she just declined it.

The blonde didn't feel like talking to anyone, she just wanted to be by herself. To think.

Mostly about Clark Kent.

Also she couldn't go to sleep.

Why was Clark in Gotham City he lives in Metropolis? Why did I slap him? Maybe I was just angry that he said that to me. Was Lex gonna fire me?

All of these thoughts vanished once she heard a knock from her balcony? Right beside her, her doors were in place. A tall figure stood at her door. Freya grew tense, afraid that it might be a serial killer. She prayed to God that it was just a figment of her imagination. Freya ran to her kitchen to get a large pan. She gripped the handle of it as she silently unlocked the door.

I AM SO SORRY THAT I HAVE LEFT THIS HANGING, ALONG WITH YOU GUYS/GALS. I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN YOU ALL OR THIS STORY. MORE OF AWRITERS BLOCK. AND STILL I PROCEED TO LEAVE YOU ALL HANGING WITH THIS CLIFFHANGER... HONESTLY, IF YOU STILL WANT ME TO WRITE THIS AND YOUR NOT ANGRY ABOUT THE LONG WAIT- THEN YAYYYY