Chapter 7 - Mettaton and Tension

Waking up, you are greeted with two dark eyes (eyesockets) belonging to a certain skeleton that happened to be sitting net to you. You kissed him on the forehead, and exit to the 'Core'. It felt... strange, but nice. You felt safe with Sans, and it was nice not to be worried about every blind corner. Because Sans was there, other monsters probably assumed he was taking you to 'Asgore' because they backed away, looking jealous. You then entered a door, with a battered-looking MTT. Because his red arms were activated, you assumed that he was intent on killing you. As his attacks got stronger and stronger, you tried to reach out to the other MTT, and save him. Bad!MTT started glitching out, but returned to normal, and glared at you with hate-filled eyes. "Good MTT! You can fight against Bad MTT! I know you can!"

<Time skip!>

Eventually, Good!MTT beats Bad!MTT and the red arms go limp. He thanks you warmly, explains how Alphys' control is taken away, and bids you on your way.

You and Sans walk along, chatting, flirting, telling puns, and generally socialising until you get to a place named 'New Home'. There you meet Flowey, who seems... sad, almost. you couldn't figure out his emotion, but he started to speak.

"Long ago, Humans and monsters lived together, in harmony."

"When Suddenly, the Monster King, declared War against the humans."

"The Humans had no choice but to retaliate, and eventually beat the Monsters."

"Thinking they were too dangerous to be kept on the surface, the Humans banished the Monsters to the Underground with a magical barrier."

"The Monsters, having nowhere to vent their anger, started to turn on each other."

"The 'kill or be killed' way of life began to form."

"It never left."

"The King and Queen had a son."

"When the Son was on a visit to the ruins, he found a human, cowering in fear from a scary-looking Froggitt."

"For some reason the Son couldn't decipher, he took the scared Human in."

"The human wasn't cruel and mean, but kind, patient, and a pacifist."

"Unexpectedly, the human fell incredibly ill."

"They bade the son to take their soul, and show the Monsters the true power of Kindness."

"However, the Son was cruel, and mean."

"He took the Human's soul, and used it to cross the barrier."

"He wanted to kill all humans, and have the power of a god!"

"But the kind Human Soul stopped him."

"He was attacked, and as he limped back to the palace gates, he died."

"His soul had determination from the Human's, making it persist after death, but his body had crumbled to dust."

"His soul latched onto the closest living thing it could find - "

"A flower."

"Named Flowey,"

-:-

As you three entered the 'Judgement Hall', it all seemed strangely empty. There was a tense atmosphere - You knew about what needed to happen next. You pointed out a corner that seemed like a good place to rest. Flowey ended up sleeping in a gap in a pillar, and you and Sans curled up in the corner together.You realised you had to write in your diary about the events of that day. So you wrote about Flowey, and Mettaton's battle, and fell asleep.

A/N: Sorry for the wait. I won't burden you with excuses.