Chapter 8 - The Finale

Waking up, you feel strangely alone. Then you realise - Sans isn't there. Flowey explains about how he must give the illusion of loyalty in your final battle, so has left to be with the rest of the bosses. Upon hearing this, you feel safer, and with Flowey at your side, you exit to the barrier.

The barrier was beautiful, with red, fading to black, fading to red again as far as the eye could see, but you didn't notice it. Your attention was focused on the 7 monsters in front of you (before Flowey joined them and it became 8). They seemed to be in an order - Flowey was at the far left, occasionally glancing to the others in fear, then came Toriel, glaring at generally everyone. Then came Sans, looking worriedly at you, and Papyrus, looking at Sans in the same way, and Undyne, looking at her feet... strangely. MTT came next, shying away from the heated gaze of Alphys, who in turn shied away from the monster beside her. He was a goat-monster, like Toriel, but was much larger and fiercer. He wore black armour and a red cloak, with jet-black hair and beard, and a red three-pronged spear. You supposed this was Asgore, the King of the Monsters. All circle you, and advance. Taking out your diary, you kneel down, as if accepting your fate, and start to read.

"Asgore. You went through terrible pain, losing both of your children on the same day, then losing your wife. Your pain must be unbearable. All you want is to give hope to your subjects, give them the hope they need to survive. There are other ways to do that - fear isn't the only way!"

"Alphys. You have done wrong in your life. Your morals, buried deep under what Asgore put in your head, tell you to stop, but you ignore them in fear of death from Asgore. you are a shy, kind, but intelligrnt being, and you should follow your own path, not one you are forced upon."

"Mettaton. You have been controlled your entire life. You have been put down, stamped upon, but you kept hope. You only want to give the Underground happy, give them hope like Asgore. You want to get to the Surface, not to kill, but to entertain. You should keep to your goal - you will achieve it eventually!"

"Undyne. You have fed upon lies all your life. You're prejudicial against all humans, acting upon a stereotype, and not looking inside to see what they are really like. You are Determined, and strong, confident, and have a strong set of morals. You must change your morals to the right ones, and fight for good, not bad."

"Papyrus. You have been blinded by desire since you were very young, and were trying to achieve self-confidence the only way you knew how - by making others give it to you. You are kind, empathetic, and care for your brother no matter what. You must find your goodness within yourself, and not rely upon others for things you can supply."

"Sans. You are worried about the way others look at you, and have been since you were old enough to care. You are strong, powerful, but you do not like to harm. You are kind, empathetic, and extremely loyal. You must shun the way others perceive you, and be what, who,  you want to be."

"Toriel. You were pushed away by your lover, your husband, for a reason even he doesn't know. You have been pushed away by everyone you meet, and you wanted to save us humans from the wrath of the others. You have ever been fighting an internal battle, so you must achieve peace within yourself to be a truly kind soul."

"Asriel. You were forced from your evil ways with no warning, by you best friend and sister. You were forced into the measly form of a flower and pushed around ever after. All you wanted to do was protect us. You need to be more confident, and show your kindness in any form possible."

Outside of your knowledge, your S/C soul had emerged, and so had theirs. Flowey had no soul, but an empty heart showed on his chest. As you finished saving a monster, just under an eighth of your soul broke off and shot into theirs. after you'd finished Asriel, having almost no soul left, you blacked out.