1

Most never realized it. Most never cared. He, like anyone else, had feelings. It's a simple fact that most overlooked. Sure, he kept a smile on his face but that didn't mean he was oblivious to the world. He's lived longer than most of the others. Faced more than the others. Yet they still expect him to be nothing but an idiot. He tried to ignore it. He tried to push it all away. His way of forgetting such things was to walk through the city he loved more than anything.

Paris.

He always loved going there when the sun was setting. That was when the city was at its most beautiful. When the lights turned on, and the city seemed to shine brighter than ever. He remembered seeing the sight for the first time. The image was almost mesmerizing. Too beautiful to describe. There he sat taking everything in.

It always brought a smile to his face when he would see the couples mesmerized by the sight or seeing the people that called this place home just go on with their daily lives. Then there was the tower. The tower that was, at first, hated then loved and prized. He couldn't imagine the city without it.

He'd climb to the top every night and watch the flow of the city. The beauty of lights shining so brightly. To say it was beautiful would be an understatement.

It was in this position at the very highest in the city where he'd look to the past. Where'd he think about all the ups and downs. He'd come to the conclusion that all that was worth it despite what others told him. That he was more than what he was told.

Before he knew it, he would be crying. Letting out tears that were filled with emotion. Most of the time it was sadness that overtook his tears despite the smile he'd keep on his face.

It was a repeated process that only happened when things were at their worst.