7

"No I'm fine!"

"Really? Because to me it looks like you're sitting on the ground sobbing." Arthur sighed and picked Francis up from the ground. "Let's get you home."

"No!" Francis pulled away from him. "I'm fine..."

"Is it me or yourself that you're trying to convince?"

~

He stared at himself in the mirror. Sluggish eyes staring back at the mess he was.

This is pathetic. Look at yourself! You're a mess. You made a fool of yourself. What will they think? Are they going to pity me? No, no, it doesn't matter they don't care. They hate me. What they say is right. I am just pure nothing. His thoughts swirled around in his head. He was growing angrier by the second as he kept debating himself.

Until, he snapped and hit the mirror in front him. It shattered as he looked to his hand covered in bit of glass along with blood.

"What the hell happened!?" He looked to the door and found Arthur standing there.

~

"Why did you do that?" Arthur picked each piece of glass out of Francis' hand.

"..I don't know."

"Please, can you at least tell me what's wrong?"

"No."

"Why?" Francis didn't answer. He just looked at his own bleeding hand. "Francis please-" Arthur was interrupted by a knock at the door. Before Arthur could even move, Francis was already headed to the door. When he opened it, he found Alfred standing there.

"Dude, you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine."

"Wait, is your hand bleeding? What happened?" Francis hid his hand behind his back.

"It's nothing."

"No it's not Francis!" Arthur called out.

"He has a point dude."

"No, no, it's fine." Francis insisted almost desperately.

"Francis, please." He looked down to his feet trying to avoid any eye contact.

"I'm sorry..." He felt ashamed. "...I'm really trying but it's all so hard."

"Of course it's hard, but I'm sure you'll get through it."

"How?"

"Simple, we're here to help you along the way."