9

"What?" The question coming out harsher than Arthur intended. Francis looked to the ground.

"I'm sorry." Arthur let him go. "...I'm sorry...." Francis kept looking to the ground but the crystal tears dripping down made it clear what was happening. "I..it's all stupid right? I mean, why am I crying? Why am I not answering your questions? Why, why, why...?" He let himself fall to where he sat before. "I'm sick of all the questions. What's even the point anymore? The world will keep turning, what's the point in caring if it's all just a little speck of nothing in time. Why does the past bother me so much? Why, why, why...?" He looked up to the ceiling studying it's detail. "It'll all just go away one day...we'll all just fall like towers...."

Silence filled the room quickly. The other two had no idea what to even say after that. Until, Arthur spoke up.

"So you're afraid of disappearing?"

"No."

"Then what did all that mean?"

"Don't tell me you're that stupid."

"He means that time goes by too quickly." Alfred spoke up. "I have to agree...it passes by too quickly, in the blink of an eye it's all changed."

"What's new?" Arthur turned to look at Alfred. "You think I don't know that? I want to know what's new?"

"The past is haunting."

"What?"

"The past it's there and I keep remembering it all. From flames to blood to sorrows. I remember it all like it happened seconds ago. I hate it." He turned back to Francis.

"...I hate it too."

"So, why care if you have your own shit to deal with?"

"Because I've learned to deal with it."

"No you haven't."

"Shutup!"

"I thought you wanted me to speak up."

"Why are you like this?"

"Why does it matter?"