The Boy - Chapter 1

The need for protection. The need to protect. The need for love. The need for lust. These are the things that make us human. These... feelings. She always wanted to feel loved and protected. Wanted to fit in. Wanted at least one person besides her family to love her. She had no friends. Ate lunch alone. Sat in the back of class, but not the "back" where the bad kids sit. She was a straight "A" student and a teachers pet. All the teachers loved her and she would always help the teachers. All the class jobs, yea, those would be hers.

"Adaleigh?"

"Yes Mrs. Bryant?"

"Will you please take this to the office?"

"Yes" she stood up and walked to the front of the class. All the other students were looking at her. She took a packet of papers from Mrs. Bryant's hands and walked toward the door.

She heard the click clack of her combat boots hitting the white speckled tile floor of the hallway. Her skinny jeans hugging her legs and making her butt look amazing. Her wavy black top with a blue tank top underneath was flowing through the air as she moved swiftly down the hall. She heard a door close behind her and quickly turned around to see which class it was. It was room 401 and a tall boy was walking down the hall behind her. His pitch black hair and green eyes so bright she could see from four doors down the hall. Not wanting to stare, she turned to face forward, her blonde hair swaying into her face for a moment.

"Well hello Ms. Adaleigh, how may I help you?" Asked the receptionist at the front desk.

"Yea, Mrs. Bryant wanted me to give this to you." She extended her arm to gesture the packet forward toward the receptionist.

"Oh well thank you, I'll give it to Mr. Duncan asap"

Adaleigh giggled "asap?"

"As soon as possible." The lady responded witch a bright smile.

"Oh, Okay, thank you" Adaleigh smiled and turned to walk out of the office.

She turned the corner and in what seemed like a split second felt a sudden pressure on her shoulder and fell to the floor. She looked up and her eyes met the bright green eyes that she saw earlier. She stared into his eyes in awe, her jaw dropped and eyes wide.

"I'm so sorry" apologized a deep voice. Adaleigh shook her head and broke the moment to look down at her hands "oh god, did I do that? I'm so sorry."

"What the hell was that for?" Adaleigh angrily said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't see you... "

"Whatever " Adaleigh got up and walked away back to class.

"Fine, whatever." Called a voice down the hall back at her. She didn't care, her hands hurt. She turned into the bathrooms to wash off her scraped hands.