Cold Cuts - Chapter 15

I walk down the hallway. Holding my books tightly. I want to run into him, but at the same time I don't. I don't want him to see the real me. I don't want him to reject me any longer. I want him to want me.
I grasp my books tightly. My great sweater loosely hanging off my body. 
I used to criticize the people who would wear jackets in the summer. While its hot outside. I didn't see the point. But now I understand. And now I feel bad for ever judging them.
My worst fears come true. I see the tall dark hair that's gelled up heading towards me. In an attempt to get away, I want to dodge into the nearest classroom. I want to get away but I'm frozen. My body won't move. And soon, it's too late. I look up and see the beautiful blue eyes staring down at me. I can't help but smile. For real. Not a fake smile. But a true one.
"Hey princess" said the low voice of Zach.
"Hello" I say and look up, squinting my eyes with how big I am smiling.
"Want to walk with me to lunch? I'm just thinking about going to Subway or maybe Taco Bell."
What has changed? Now he is actually talking to me. I don't understand. I thought this whole time that he was just using me. That he was just trying to get into my pants. But now? Now he is talking to me. This is the closest we have ever been to having an actual conversation.
"S-sure. Is that okay with you?" I respond, chills of anticipation running brought my body.
"Sure babe" he smiles "I'd love to have your company."
I smile and nod. That's all I can manage to get out. I'm too surprised to talk. I'm scared my voice will just give out.
_______________________________
The chilled wind finds its way down my shirt. I'm chilly so I cross my arms. Even when I have long sleeves, I am freezing. I forgot my jacket damn . I turn and look behind me. We are too far from the school to run back and grab my jacket. Looks like I'll just have to deal.
I know he can sense how cold I am because he stops and pulls at the sweatshirt he is wearing. Slowly he pulls it over his head, his shirt coming with. I get a peek of his abs. And when I say abs, I mean abs. A six pack at least. Defined and sexy. I never really noticed them. I just thought it was a hit and run so I never took time to admire his amazing body.
He reaches out his arm with his black sweatshirt hanging over his hand.
I reach out my hand and take ahold of it. Before I pull it off I look up at him. "Are you sure?" I say, holding back the shivers so that it doesn't sway him toward giving to to me anymore than it already has.
"Of course. You're freezing, I can tell. Plus I have a really high body temperature."
"But I have a long sleeve. You don't"
"True, but I'll be fine" he smiles a sincere smile.
We walk all the way to subway and I order what I want. I wait for him to finish ordering. I pull out my card to pay for my food when suddenly a big hand snatches my card out of my hand. I gasp and look up. Before I can say anything Zach has already handed his card to the cashier. He payed for my meal!? I couldn't have felt worse walking back to school. We didn't talk the whole way. As we approached the door, Zach runs ahead and opens the door for me. I stand there for a while, bewildered to his recent actions. His arm swaying in front of him motioning to inside the school gets my attention and I quickly shuffle into the school. Before we part ways we get one more exchange of words in
"Why did you pay for my meal?" Was all I can manage. I didn't want to point out ALL of his unusual behaviors in fear he would change them.
"Because you don't have your card" he teases and holds my card between his index and middle finger like a cigarette. I snatch my card back and storm back to class, still wondering why the change of heart. 

_______________________________
HEY LOVES! Sorry it took forever. I tried to make the chapter longer like requested. I'm trying really hard to update more. To be totally honest... I kinda forgot about the book. I've been so focused on school. But now I'm back and ready for more! I hope you enjoy!