Home - Chapter 14

I hoped the neighbors couldn't hear me screaming. I hope they could see through the walls of home. I hoped they couldn't see all the hurt and pain under this roof top of a home. The gulp gulp gulp sound of my father chugging his beer. Or the sound of a single weeping tear falling to the ground from my mother as she stands in front of my little brother, protecting him from the unguided decisions of my dad. I never knew what to do at these moments except grab my baby sister and lock the door to the bathroom. Today I wasn't so lucky. My little brother got away and now mother is paying the price for it. I was weeping and rocking, weeping and rocking, trying to get the baby to be quite so it doesn't draw attention to the stained bathroom door.

I was born in May of 1996. I am 16 now. Then Tanner was born in January of  20o7. He is 6 now. Alena was born in October of 2015, she isn't even a year yet.

I push my head up against the wall of the bath tub and hold back the tears. I had to be strong for my sister. If I couldn't be there for Tanner, then I had to be there for Alena.

My father has been drinking for years. Ever since my mother had a miscarriage before my baby sister Alena. It really hit him hard. They were going to name his James. He still has the baby room set up the exact same way it had been for three years. He always wanted two boys. Something about carrying the name and getting extra benefits and having to not worry about his "little girl" getting pregnant. When he found out that mom was pregnant, he stopped drinking and actually pulled his shit together. But then came the day the doctor told him the gender of the new baby girl. He started drinking heavier then ever. He didn't care about anybody in the family besides Tanner. Tanner was his pride and joy, yet mom still sacrificed herself to protect him, though she knew he dad never hurt Tanner.

I can't help but look back to the good years.

When I was 3, my father bought me a new bike. It was pink and had training wheels. He pushed me around until I could learn how to pedal myself.

When I was 5, he got me a new bike, for I grew out of my first. This one had only two wheels, and as before, he pushed me until I gained my balance and could push myself.

It's days like these, when I think of the good times, that I am happy with my family. I didn't want anything different. But then I opened my eyes. I saw the true self. I saw him. I actually saw him though. I felt a sharp pain on my cheek and the weight on my arms lifted. I opened my eyes and saw him standing there, holding Alena. I wouldn't let anything happen to her. I jumped up and grabbed her back, but not in time. He pulled away and shoved Alena into my mothers arms. He reached out and grabbed my wrist and started pulling. My instinct is to sit so he has more weight to pull. I tried but he picked me up then threw me against the wall, his hands around my throat. This was my life. This was my father.

__________________________

Heyyyyy loves! Sorry this chapter is long. Tell me if you like it better longer or shorter and I'll adjust! I thought I should give you some backstory and family life view, so that you may get to know Adaleigh better. Tell me if you like the turn or not! Just give me any feedback possible, that would mean a lot! Thank you! Byeee!