Fate

After work, I race home. Gah, I hate work. I work at apple and I'm just some stupid intern. I get coffee for everyone and, well it's just shit.

When I get home, I rush to my room. I plop down on my bed and my phone goes "bzzz".
I reach to my back pocket and there's a text message from Calvin. It read,"wassap. Come over?"

I reply,"Just got off of work. Tired af. You come over."

About a year ago I went to Utah for college. I'm addicted to YouTube and YouTube is addicted to me. But I was walking the street and I saw leafy. I walked up to the son of a gun and said,"Hey leafy is beefy. I fucking love you and your videos."

He gave me a smirk,"You a subscriber?"

I just nodded and hugged him. He smelt like a distillery.

"So, how've you been?" He asked.
I looked confused,"What? You don't know me..."

Calvin smirked,"Don't be stupid Nora! I went to 1st-10th grade with you! I could never forget you!"

Three years ago I got in a car crash and my brain was severely injured. I don't remember anything before the accident, which gives me memory issues now, too.

I looked down,"Leafy, I'm sorry I was in a car wreck and I don't remember anything before."

He looked to the left,"Oh, um well we were like best friends," he paused and looked at me. "Why did you move from Utah?"

I smiled,"My dad's job. What have been up to Leafy?"

"Please, Calvin," he paused and smiled. "Not much. Just trolling, drinking in some positive vibes. But you want to grab some dinner tonight?"

I scratched my head,"Like a... date? A date with Leafy?!"

He laughed,"Yeah like a date. I haven't seen you in forever. I need to catch up with you. So 6:00?"
I nodded,"Sounds good here's my number," I write down my number. "Call me. I'll see you then Leafy!"

He laughs,"Okay. And it's Calvin!" His phone rang and he walked away.I was so excited. I waned to run 4 marathons, an iron man, climb the Utah mountains, and win the swimming Olympics. But then again that still wouldn't get rid of all of my energy and excitement.

Apparently Calvin knows me, but I don't know him, which is creepy. Well I apparently do know him, but come on- it's Leafy! Who wouldn't say yes to a date?
I race to my apartment to get ready. By the time I had hopped into the shower, curled my hair, and did my make-up, I got a call from Calvin.

"Hey," he said, his voice booming on the speaker. "I'm picking you up. Where do you live Nora?"
After I pull my shirt on, I reply,"123 abc street. Where are we eating?"

"You'll know when I take you there," he paused. "See you soon."
I pressed the end button and looked at myself in the mirror. I look pretty decent.

I'm about to put on a necklace but I hear a knock at the door.

I scurry to the door to see Calvin. He smiled,"You ready?"

I nodded my head and walked out the door. I touched his shoulders,"You driving a Lamborghini?"

Calvin laughed,"I'll give you twenty Lambroghinies," he paused and put his phone to his ear. "Trump says to make it twenty-thousand Lamborghinies. Nora I swear, this is not a scam," He paused laughing.

We walk for a bit more, then he stops at a small Ford and opens the door for me. I get in the car and so does Calvin.

I smile,"So, where are we going?"
He kept focus on the road,"You like sushi?"

I nod and laugh,"It's still bazaar how you know me. I mean, I've had dreams about it and may have written fan fictions..." I look out the window.

Calvin bursts out laughing,"Of course!" He looked over at me,"You haven't changed. That makes me happy."

I look down,"I wish I knew you."

"Hey, Nora you do. Well, not exactly. But somewhere deep in that blob of nerves in your head you do know me." He paused and smiled,"Pretend you know me. Roll play a little."

I laugh,"Okay... That could be fun."

There's a long moment of silence until we get to the sushi place. Calvin smiles and opens my door.

"So what was I like in high school?" I say, taking a bite if sushi.

Calvin laughed,"Well, you were hilarious. You joked a lot... um, I don't know."

I laughed,"The only thing I remember is having a stupid buddy, but I would have never of thought it would be Leafy."

Calvin rolled his eyes,"Calvin. And yeah that sums up everything."
A Japanese girl came by and gave Calvin the check. I smile,"I'll pay it Calvin."
He chuckled,"Nah, I'm paying."

I roll my eyes what ever."
Calvin drives me back to my apartment. "Come in?" I smile.

He smiled and put his maroon hoodie up,"Yeah sure."

Calvin sits down on the mini sofa and I sit in a chair across of him.

"Tell me more stories," I smile. "I never thought my past was actually interesting."

Calvin pulls out his phone,"There was one time where we went to a party, like a serious booze, sex, and drugs party. I might have done molly, but you were sober."

I look down and laugh,"What happened?"

Calvin blushed,"Well me being high and all, we played truth or dare at this party."

I raised my eyebrow,"And?"

He looked to the left,"That was the night of my first kiss." He paused,"With you."

My eyes widened, I blushed,"Well, that is one interesting story you got there."

He laughed,"Why? Did you not like that story?"

"N-no that's not it," I look to my right. "It's that all of this is so surprising and new."

He smiles crookedly,"Nora, I just missed you. I thought I had said 'kill yourself' too many times. I'm a dick, I know."

I laugh,"No, well some think you are, but I think you're hilarious."

He chuckled,"I kind of started YouTube because of you." Calvin paused and looked down,"Oops your shoes are untied."

I look down, Calvin laughs,"Ha- degenerate."

I chuckle,"What would I expect?"

Calvin's smile fades,"Hey, I've got to go. I'll call you later." Calvin lets himself out before I can say good bye.