Spring

Spring is the season of new life and rebirth. Not for me.

When I was in 10th grade, my spring was death and dying, well mostly.

I gasp as I wake up from my dream. That's it; I'm telling Calvin.

I hop out of bed and go directly to the shower. I then proceed to the kitchen to make breakfast.

I pause in front of the stove, pressing my fingers to my temples. I look up, trying to find Advil.

I stand on my toes, trying to reach it, but I can't. I climb on the counter, but I slip and fall.

I land on my behind, which is now bruised, along with a few other cuts and scratches.

I sit on the floor, knees to my chest. I look to my left; my used-to-be un cracked phone now has splits and dents in the screen.

I unlock it and go to my contacts and finds Calvin's name.

"Hey," I smile, trying to not sound sad.

Calvin laughs,"Oh hey I was just about to call you. May I come over? like right now?"

I look at the clock,"Is it really 11:00am? man I really overslept."

He gives me a chuckle,"Um, yeah. So, five minutes?"

I stand up,"Sure, I'll see you in a few."

I quickly comb my hair and some make-up on.

I hear a knock knock at the door, but Calvin lets himself in,"Hey Nora! It's only been seven hours, but II've missed you."

I look at Calvin for what feels like forever until I run up and hug him. He gives me a weird look,"Nora, you okay?"

I look at Calvin, my eyes misty,"Yeah, I'm-I'm okay. I just have a really bad headache." I look down, pressing my thumb and index fingers to my temples.

Calvin puts his hands on my shoulders,"You didn't bash your head with a rock did you?" He gives me a little chuckle.

I look up at him,"Calvin, I need to tell you something."

I walk to the sofa and he follows and sits,"W-what is it?"

I look to the left,"Why didn't you tell me about 10th grade?"

He takes my hand,"I did. We played league almost 24/7 mlg no scoping everything."

I laugh a bit,"I've-I've been remembering things lately. I think meeting you was a trigger."

Calvin swallows,"Wait,what? Why didn't you tell me?!"

I look at him,"We weren't 'best friends'. You-you loved me...I-I loved you too. But... I have a brain tumor?"

Calvin looked at me with mournful eyes,"I thought you'd know... But yeah... you do."

I stand up, pressing my hands to my forehead,"Is this why my head always hurts?"

He comes behind me,"It must be."

My knees buckle and I fall. Calvin bends down,"What's happening? Are you okay?"

I stand up,"Yeah... oh right, I had a big question for you."

Calvin looks at me and smiles,"Sure any thing."

"There was one thing that I remembered that didn't make any sense."

Calvin looks at me with worried eyes,"What was that?"

I look to the left,"I'm in a coma?"