Truth

There's a beeping sound in the background, almost like a heart monitor.

Calvin looks down, his hands in his hair,"Yes Nora. You are in a coma."

I'm frazzled,"But how?!"

Calvin looks at me, his hands on my shoulders, eyes misty,"Nora, you never saw me in Utah at college. Hell, you never went to college. You are have been in this coma for four years."

I look at him in the eyes,"Then how are you here?"

He looks to the left,"I'm just a part of your imagination. When-If you wake up, I'll be there. Your past is real... but your present isn't."

I sit on the sofa and I start to cry. Calvin just sits there, rubbing my arm; I fall asleep.

After work, I race home. Gah, I hate work. I work at apple and I'm just some stupid intern. I get coffee for everyone and, well it's just shit.

When I get home, I rush to my room. I plop down on my bed and my phone goes bzzz.
I reach to my back pocket and there's a text message from Calvin. It read,"wassap. Come over?"

I reply,"Just got off of work. Tired af. You come over."

I get up and clean the house a bit. I hear a knock knock at the door, but Calvin just lets himself in.

I smile,"Well that was quick."

He laughs,"I've got something to tell you Nora."

I walk into the kitchen,"Oh? What?"

Calvin's smile fades,"I'm leaving you Nora. You don't remember." He looks to the right,"Which is good."

I look at him,"What are you talking about?"

Calvin shakes my shoulders,"You can't stay like this: you'll die. Wake up Nora!"

I collapse, Calvin catches me and everything goes black.

I wake up in a hospital bed. The moment I open my eyes I see my mom, my dad, and Calvin. Everyone cheers.

I look around, confused,"I was just in my house w-with Calvin? What happened?"

Calvin kisses me,"What did we do for fall break?"

I smile dumbly,"Disney Land."

Calvin hugs me,"I've missed you so much Nora."