Maid Outfits

an:

Disclaimer: I do not own FMA or OHSHC. However, I do own this story. And a lamp.

Well then. Haven't seen you in like a year. I was rereading this and suddenly got inspiration for a new chapter at 4AM, so here we are. Both me and my writing styles have changed a lot. So much has happened. Well, here we go.

Note: This is set around a few days after the previous chapter, so Ed is settling into the club a bit more.

- - - -

It was another normal day at Ouran High School. The school day had just ended and students were excitedly heading to their clubs. Edward, however, was not so enthusiastic.

He quickly visited one of the libraries, but they were full of loudly chatting people, and he had 'duties' as a host. He quickly made his way across the hall over to the too familiar Music Room 3 door and slammed it open. A blinding white light immediately emerged from it and deep red rose petals swirled from it. The greeting, however, was not so inviting. The room had been entirely re-decorated. Circular brown tables decorated the tiles and there were colourful signs and posters.

Most significant of all, was the entire Host Club, dressed in... maid costumes?

"You've only been here for a few days and you're already late!" A very impatient looking Tamaki puffed out.
Ed, who was already too horrified to speak, stayed silent.

"Cut him some slack, boss, you're traumatising the kid," one of the Hitachiin twins said calmly, peering over at Ed.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, Edward finally managed to say to Tamaki, "Do you actually expect me to wear that—thing, or are you just stupid?"

Kyoya began, "Actually, my statistics say that girls indeed do like it when guys-"

"You know what? I'm out." Edward said loudly, while turning around and waving a glove-covered hand to the other hosts.

"But Edo-chan, things will be so boring without you!" Honey complained.

"I actually do not have the mental capacity to care because unlike you people, I actually have a life?"

Ed paused at the door. He could go to the library down the hall and read, but it was always filled with the chatter of hundreds of rich students. He couldn't go outside, because it took a while for the blazing sun to cool down- "Ah, you know screw it, I'll just do it for the heck of it." He turned around, and walked to the other Host Club members.

"Great, now you just have to put this on!" Kaoru said, while holding up a black and white maid dress and smirking devilishly.

"No wait we can just-"

"No words. Get changed." Kaoru threw the dress to Hikaru, who approached Ed slowly holding it, with an evil expression.

"I'll get dressed in the changing rooms, thanks," Edward retorted, snatching up the dress and walking off.

- - - -

"How is this gonna work," Ed sighed out, staring down at the short sleeved dress he was wearing. It would just not cover his automail, no matter how much he pulled the sleeve down and how much he pulled his short glove up. He stared at the familiar metal limb, tracing all of the lines and grooves with his left finger.

He wished he had magical powers, or something like that. He had borrowed a few books about this thing called alchemy, which seemed pretty cool. With what he had inferred, you get something and make it better.

However, Edward believed in equivalent exchange. You would do something, and get back something with an equal amount of value. If you worked hard enough, it would pay off.
This hadn't proven true recently, however. He put some kind of effort into this stupid club thing, and all he got was some well-placed facepalms. What was the point of even trying if-

"Ed! How long have you been in ther-" Tamaki was cut off by the sight of Ed.

"What even is that... What are you?"

Silence.