Chapter Nine

Jack's POV

I yawned, walking out if my bedroom. Curiously, I looked at the calendar at the far side of the room. Saturday. No school.

I smiled, but it quickly faded when I heard the door from Mark's bedroom open. Mark approached me, but stopped, turning around to the kitchen and making himself a bowl of cereal. I stared at him, confused.

He didn't seem to notice. "Good morning...?" I spoke, trying to catch his attention. He looked up at me... and nodded. That was it.

Late in the afternoon, Mark walked towards me... well at least I thought he was. He passed me and headed towards the door. That's when I took a good look at his clothes.

He looked nice, nicer than usual. And that's saying something. I sighed, remebering what it was for. "You have a date, right?" I asked.

He looked back at me, and opened his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it. He looked... dissappointed. But why the hell would he be? Then, he simply nodded, then left, the door shutting.

I could've punched something. Was he mad at me? Did It have to do with what happened last night? I groaned, looking at the clock. It's about time for me to leave too.

~Time Skip~

I slowly entered the café, finding Felix at a table waiting for me already. I sat down across from him wearily.

"Hey." I said softly. He tilted his head. "Hey? That's it?" He asked. I sighed. "Hello Felix! What a beautiful day it is! How are you on this wonderful day?" I said with fake enthusiasm, waving my hands in the air for added effect. Felix giggled, rolling his eyes.

"Well, I saw Ken with Cry again. It was pretty annoying to say the least." He sighed, "What about you?"

"Um, Mark was acting really weird last night. He was angry..." I trailed. Felix gulped. "...and now he's on a date." I grumbled.

"O-oh..." Felix said, avoiding eye contact with me. "What happened with him?" I asked. Felix bit his lip.

"He didn't even say a word to me the whole day!" I said, frustrated.

Felix trembled, laughing nervously. "D-don't have any idea..." he stuttered. 

I clenched my teeth. "I just wish he would tell me! I care about him so much, what could've made him-?!"

That's when Felix snapped.

"I told him that I liked you!" He blurted. He immediately looked away from me. "You... what?!" I said, shocked. "I-I thought if I said that, he would get jealous or something and ask you out first...!" he admitted guiltily.

I was frozen. "I'm so sorry Jack..." he said, looking down.

I sat up, silent. Looking down at him, I groaned, "...It's fine... Felix." I said. He looked up, shocked. "Y-you forgive me?" He stuttered. "I know you were just trying to help." I said. "Listen, I'm gonna go fix this." I said, turning towards the door.

The café's door opened, the chime on it making a small sound. A person stepped in. It was Cry.

"In the meantime..." I said smiling. "You might wanna talk to him." I pointed to Cry. Felix was silent, then nodded. I walked towards the door.

I opened the door, but before leaving, I turned toward Cry. He looked between me and Felix. I smiled. "Go on, Felix is right there." I said, motioning over to our table. I stepped out, closing the door behind me.

Time to go.

Mark's POV

"Babe, you okay? Your spacing out a little..." Mike asked. I sighed, nodding. 'Just absolutely regretting not confessing my feelings to Jack last night, that's all.' I wanted to say. But instead I smiled at him. "I'm totally fi-

"MARK!!!"

I turned around, confused. Is that Jack? Nearly half of the people in the restaurant stared at us. Jack ran towards me, stopping right in front of our table. "Mark can I talk to you? In private?" He asked, panting from the run. I looked to him, confused. "Mike... do you mind if I...?" I trailed. Mike sighed. "No, go ahead." He said.

Jack lead me outside the restaurant. "Jack what are you doing here? I thought you were out with Felix today?" I asked a hint of jealousy in my voice.

Jack sighed at that. "Mark. There's something I have to tell you."