Assistant Part 5

You practically flew into the bathroom and faced yourself in the mirror. You couldn't quite comprehend the encounter you just had. Taking a paper towel and wetting it, you gently dabbed your face to cool off before leaving the bathroom. Jen stood near the doors of the room, on call in case they needed anything. You walk up to her quietly and she gives you a small smile before saying,

"It's all business now. They've been in deep discussion for a while but I think they're going to break for lunch soon."

You nod, although you're really not that focused on what she was saying. You hoped that your distractions wouldn't bite you in the butt later. Jen began to back away from the door, and then you noticed everyone getting up in the room. The executives headed out to a different room where their lunch was waiting, but the man with the gruff voice and Michael Jackson stayed behind. They seemed to be arguing about something and finally the gruff voiced man left Michael alone in the room. You watched him through the window as he pinched the bridge of his nose and smiled a frustrated smile. Shaking his head, he began to get up from the table. You made to leave so that you wouldn't have another odd encounter, but before you cleared the area, he was out of the room. He looked in your direction - but you couldn't see his eyes under those sunglasses - then turned to Jen to give her some direction. She said something back, prompting him to look over in your direction again.

His long strides had him in front of you before you could react.

"Hi. You're the new girl Jen was taking about?"

"I guess so." You say. He looks at you, considering your words and reading your face before saying,

"Sorry for earlier. They're fools."

"Don't worry about it." You chuckle trying to feel comfortable around him. Somewhere, though, you knew you never would. You try to back away slowly to give yourself some space. Your heel hits the wall and you curse in your head at being pinned in. Michael seems to notice, tilting his head slightly, but he continues the conversation.

"So, I'd like you to come with me to lunch...so we can be better acquainted. We're going to be seeing a lot of each other now."

"With all of the other-" He cut you off before you could ask the feared question.

"No, no, no. I eat by myself." He raised an eyebrow at you, smirking. His hands were hooked in his belt loops and he bit his bottom lip, awaiting your response. You felt the torture of a child who is in a candy store but cannot have any of it.

"Okay." You say.

"Good, let's go." He nods toward the door, and an SUV is waiting. You feel his hand on the small of your back, guiding you into the car.

He removes his glasses, revealing brown eyes that seemed to glow and said,

"So...tell me about yourself."

And the car pulled off.

End