1988 Red Shirt Part 1

"Ahhh! MICHAEL!" You scream, so loud that you think your head will explode. You thrust out your paper and pen just hoping that he will see you and sign it, but with those dark glasses and mask, you're not quite sure what he's looking at. All he did was wave to all of his fans with his single gloved hand as he walked inside of the hotel. You weren't disappointed though, because at least you got to see him. As the crowd started to dissipate, you stayed where you were just relishing the moment you had. You replay every second of his walk from the limo to the door; the way his silk shirt caught the light; the way his boots smashed into the puddles from the early morning rain; the way that you were bursting with excitement. You decided to go because you were getting hungry. As you were turning to leave, you saw a tall man in a black suit leave the front doors as he began to approach you.

"Miss? Would you please come inside with me?" He asked. The man reassured your fearful look by saying,

"Mr. Jackson would like a word with you." Suddenly your expression lightens to an undiscovered level of happiness. You can't even speak so you just nod your head and follow the man like a puppy. When you finally arrive at this door you become so nervous that the paper you were holding starts to shake violently. The man knocks on the door lightly and the opens it slowly, while motioning for you to enter. You tiptoe in and shut the door behind you. Looking around, you notice the opulence of the room, with its hallways, corridors, high ceilings, but then a red jacket caught your eye and you went over to look at it. It had intricate detail -beading that looked like endless effort- and just as you reached out to touch it...