Closer: Surrey With the Fringe On Top

**Hey guys! This is the first time I've touched on a subject like this so I hope you enjoy this 2 part special**

Since she had arrived hours ago, they both had been hunkered down with their faces buried in their books. Their remarks were brief and to the point and they both were unwilling to waste any time. This was a huge midterm and they were making sure to be ready for it. It was calculus which they were both masters at, so they decided to study together.

"Ah, shoot... What's the answer to five?" Atali said after being stumped for some minuets.

"Figure it out." Michael replied, shortly.

"I don't even know which equation to use!" She shot back at him, irritated.

"Tangent... Opposite over adjacent?" He was being condescending on purpose, just to get a rise out of her, and he could tell that it was working because of the expression on her face.

"I got the second part, Michael. I'm not incompetent." She glared back at him.

"Well that question you just asked begs to differ."

"Shut up before I kick you out!" She said, playfully hitting him.

"What!? This is my dorm!" He said, raising his eyebrows at her and making a face that made her laugh. The next moment Michael's neighbor, Chester, busts in with the most satisfied look on his face.

"Guess what?" He asks them excitedly. They unanimously reply,

"What?"

"You probably haven't even looked outside yet! Mid terms are being postponed because of the blizzard coming! YES! I'm going home before it comes down too heavy, and I'm going to stay for as long as this weekend lasts!" And with that, he sped out of the room to pack his bag. Michael and Atali look at each other for a few moments, and then she says,

"Well... We can keep studying?" He looked at her, and then threw his pencil down and shut his book.

"Nope! I'm done. It's 10:32 PM and I've studied to the point where my eyes are crossing." She laughed, and then said,

"Okay then." And she started to pack up her bags. It had been a long haul, and this surprise break was definitely needed. Chester had left a few minutes ago with the widest grin. Atali and Michael know that he's not going to study, although he should; he's just going to slack off, but that's just Chester. Atali continued to pack up her stuff, and Michael cleaned up the study area. Just as she put her last book in her bag and zipped it all up, she looked at Michael and said,

"My stomach is yelling at me. Do you have any food?" Michael smirked, and replied,

"You should've brought your own." He was just messing with her again, and it definitely worked this time.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? After all of the times your guppagup butt comes over, eats up ALL of my snacks, and then bounces without an extra thought? I don't think so!" She pushed past a hysterical Michael who had tears of laughter running down his face. She retrieved some chips and dip and sat across from Michael. He tried regaining his breath, but his speech came out broken.

"Y'know... I love doin' that t-to you!"

"Yes, Michael, I've known for years. I still wonder why, of all of the places of higher education a celebrity could go, you pick this one, and of all of the math classes, why did I have to get one with you in it? You could have been homeschooled instead of coming here and dealing with this...and forcing me to deal with you."

"Aw, c'mon! It's only for a year. You know you love me!"

"Oh shut it." They laughed some more, and then Atali got up to get ready to leave. Before she walked out, she looked out of the window to see what looked like 3 feet of snow. She had walked there and she was not enjoying the thought of having to walk back.

"Michael! Come look at all of this snow!" He came over, and his eyes widened,

"Oh my gosh! I'm going to have to shovel all of that?" Atali looked at him expectantly.

"What?" He said.

"Um, this is when you offer to drive me back to my dorm you bamma."

"Oh my gosh! You want me to dig out my car and drive you?"

"You don't expect me to walk in that?" She said, glaring at him indignantly. He thought for a moment, furrowed his eyebrows, and rolled his eyes. He then said,

"Can you just sleep here tonight?"

"What? Ew, no! I don't have a toothbrush or face wash, or clean clothes-" he cut her off to say,

"I have a tooth brush, face wash, you can wear my clothes and whatever else. I just don't feel like driving, and yes as much as I do tease you, I do care about your safety, so you're not walking." She smiled to herself because Michael was actually being more affectionate than a cactus and it took her off guard. She agreed to stay the night, and he set up the sofa with sheets and a pillow and comforter.

"Michael, you don't have to take the sofa, I'll sleep there."

"I was setting this up for you."

"Are you serious?"

"I'm just kidding!" He laughed a bit and then said,

"Just don't slobber all over my sheets."

"Don't worry, I'm making sure to mess them up as badly as I can."

"Oh, shut up!" He said, jokingly. She laughed at him, and then got ready for bed.

When she came back out, he was still in cleaning mode which surprised her, considering the fact that he was relatively messy.