I Remember

I Remember: 9

I remember her opening her arms wide, smiling at me, and I ran straight to her. I was growing closer to my father, and the rest of my family, but I couldn't explain how much I had missed my mother that summer. It was quite a peculiar summer. Not only was it the first time that we had been away from each other for such an extended period, life as I knew it was blown apart and this new one emerged. I forever left behind my previous regular life, and I turned into a member of the legendary Jackson music dynasty. My mother was the only constant that I had. The only figment from my previous life that was unchanged, and I clung to it harder. She held me tightly, and I buried my face in her neck.

“I missed you, mommy."

“I missed you, too, Booga."

After a while, her grip fell slack as my father stepped from the shadows. He had been watching from afar unsure of what he should do. The shock was written all over his face. They hadn't seen each other in years. I found out that when I was much younger they still kept in touch, often discussing getting back together, but the outcome was the same each time. Their two worlds did not intersect in any other area beyond their love for each other. However, as it is important to be able to live in one another's worlds, love persists. And love triumphs, creating a new world in which both can reside. 

They were searching for that world. 

I could see that neither one of them knew how to regard the other at first, but then my mother spoke.

“Michael..." Her voice trembled, along with her entire body.

“Zolenna." He returned. His voice was steady, but I could see the fragility in his eyes as he strained to appear calm. He extended his arm to her and took her hand in both of his as they just stood, staring at each other. She looked to their hands and then closed her eyes, as if forcing back a waterfall behind her eyelids. She then pulled him into a hug. Though it seems like a small gesture, that alone was world shattering for them. Later on in my life, I would gain a more in depth knowledge of just how important this was. Silent tears began staining both of their cheeks as they basked in each other's presence, and finally they pulled away.

“We've got to talk." My father said.

“I believe so, but later on today. There are a few things that I would like to do first." My mother assured. My father touched the tips of his fingers to her cheek, closed his eyes and dropped his head to face the floor. He was smiling, and I was happy. So happy. The hundreds of other questions that started to come back to me, once again floated away, and I just enjoyed their happiness. 

*******

To Be Continued...

(It's going to be soon, I just have another short story that I want you guys to read before I write the next chapter of this story.)

<3<3Thank you so much for reading!!!<3<3