Chapter 2 - 29 days

Dear Moon,

Do you remember that time when we went to the beach and got ice cream? If you don't, then I'll tell you again.

It was the second week of summer vacation and we had decided to meet up for a spontaneous date at the beach. We had been dating for 5 months at that time and I couldn't be happier. Anyways, I got there earlier than you and waited anxiously for around 10 minutes before you showed up. And I swear my heart stopped when I saw you. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and for a minute, I forgot how to breathe. I still remember that day so clearly as if it was yesterday.

You wore a pale, yellow sundress that reached just above your knees and it looked absolutely gorgeous on you. On your feet, you had a pair of brown sandals and your hair was curled in loose curls. You had the biggest and brightest smile on your face and I couldn't help but to smile back. I have to admit that your smile was contagious.

Continuing the story, I also remember how you started to run towards me as soon as your lovely green eyes landed on me. When you reached me you simply smiled before grabbing my hand and dragging me to the nearest ice cream shop. I simply followed you like a lovesick puppy, and to be honest, I don't mind if anyone saw. Because I'm proud to say that I was in love with the most brilliant and beautiful girl on Earth. We spent the whole day in there, talking and laughing together. Tasting different ice cream flavours before it was time to go home.

I remember that look you gave me when we parted ways. It was as if your eyes begged me to stay with you for a little while longer, and oh how I wanted to. But instead I promised you to see you again tomorrow. You made me do a pinkie promise before you turned around and walked home.

Do you remember that day now?

Until we meet again,

Sun